Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Blazer radio is locked...and she won't start..

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 10:21 PM
michellesmark01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blazer radio is locked...and she won't start..

Does anyone know what the code is (3 digits) to unlock the alarm for the stereo?? My fiance was messing around with it trying to unlock the alarm for the truck since last year we lost the key fob for it and it seems to arm itself all the time. I finally found a kill switch under the drivers side but now he's locked the stereo. She also has been having a problem starting, would the alarm have anything to do w/this??

Old 01-17-2006, 11:21 PM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blazer radio is locked...and she won't start..

read your blazer manual it should tell you how to fix it.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:23 PM

The manual DOESN'T SAY HOW TO FIX IT!!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If theftlock is enabled and you do not know the code, the dealer is the only way to unlock it.

Take a read through this: Working with Anti-Theft Radios

Found this on another site:
Theftloc Bypass

1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed
2. Write the numbers down.
3. Press the AM FM button, write down the next 3 numbers
4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 139010*, when asked enter the 4 or 6 digit code (obtained from Steps 1-3) from the radio and an *, for example using my code, 702712*, you will get an unlock code, write it down.
5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on radio
To remove customers code, repeat step 5. you should see --- on radio face, the code is now out of the radio.
I cannot say whether this works or not, but it's worth a try.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Also, theftlock terminology:

LOC: Means the radio is locked and there is a customer code stored in the radio.

InOP: Means too many wrong codes have been entered and the radio must be left powered up for 1 hour with the battery and ignition applied before 3 more attempts can be made.

SEC: Means there is a customer code stored but the radio is unlocked.

---: Means there is no customer code stored and the radio is unlocked.

REP: Means the customer code has been entered once, and the radio now wants the code repeated to verify the code was entered correctly the first time.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:57 AM

Thanks for the info, will give it a try tomorrow and let you know the outcome. I followed the text in the Hayes manual, I got the "000", then couldnt move on from there, got the "REP" a couple times after playing around with it, but decided to turn it off, for fear that i wasnt doing something right. anyway I"ll let you know, I'm in process of replacing the starter, get part tomorrow. Thanks

Old 01-18-2006, 11:43 PM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: michellesmark01

The manual DOESN'T SAY HOW TO FIX IT!!!!!!!
I think it is on page 3-18 thats talks about the same thing Swart dicussed. This is the owners manual.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:22 AM
Administrator

The manual only describes how to unlock it if the owner supplied code is known.

Old 01-20-2006, 11:57 PM

just let you all know... it work as advertised thanks for the info.. car is back on the road....

Old 01-21-2006, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Glad we could help!