Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 04:47 PM
xdieselx3032 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default horsepower

How we doing,
i was looking to beef up the jimmy a little bit and givve it some more hp...if i do pulleys,throttle body spacer and fuel injectors i should get more hp correct..and how much more hp will all give me if i do it? thankyou

Old 12-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: horsepower

Pulleys will free up some HP by turning the accessories slower. This will reduce the flow of the water pump and power steering pump as well as reduce the maximum output of the alternator. Some pulleys allow the alternator to run at full speed, but still reduce the speed of the power steering pump and water pump.

Throttle body spacer... I wouldn't bother. A spacer will effectively reduce the RPM level where peak torque occurs. Since the 4.3L already is a very torque happy motor, this will have a minimal effect.

Injectors... Well, that all depends on what you are driving. From what I could garner from your other posts, you have a '94, but is it a TBI motor or a CPI motor. The TBI motor may be able to have larger injectors substituted in, but the CPI motor can not. Even if larger injectors are available, you would need to modify the programming as well as other upgrades (cam, exhaust, intake, etc) to be able to utilize them.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:57 AM
xdieselx3032 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: horsepower

thanks for replying i believe its a tbi..but im not to positive...dont seem likes theres much i can do to the jimmy..pretty soon around march im getting a blazer probably 2001 to 2004 so ill just start fresh by doing the most i can to beef that up...thanx again