Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

how to remove "the governor"

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Jackal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: how to remove "the governor"

Yeah what they said/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ I would almost think you can talk a tech a GM dealer into raising your top speed limiter...except he would think your crazy. So it may be hard to talk him into it. I did a buck thirty six in my turbo satty @ 5600 rpm, still wanted to go faster.... i chickened out.I built it hence i slowed down lol. So yeah you could put a stand alone in like i have in that car. I moved my redline up to 8k on it from 6500rpm thats my speed limeter....but thats like 175 mph which the air will stop me far b4 that. Stand alones have other gains like in tuning in such for more power across the board, food for thought.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Lee
Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

It just seems like such a waste to put a governor on a motor this powerful. I was making my way home one time as fast as I could, which I know is stupid but it'd been almost a year since I had been home. When my Blazer hit 95 it just SLOWED and it still had plenty more to give. It handled fine up to it. I plan on upgrading pretty much everything on it anyways as the years go by so I'm not too worried about the tires and such.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:11 PM

Yah know it is a waste in a truck like yours.....however not necisarily in mine. I don't see the purpose in going that fast in a Blazer, but and Extreme maybe. Its a shame there was 6, or 7 kids die because they were driving dumb, jumped there blazer at 60 mph, it caught fire and exploded in mid air . Thats was a rd right behind where i work, they came to rest because it smacked a tree. Plane and simple all use your brain not your *****. I don't always care about hurting me, but you don't want to be responsable for killing someone else...... Non the less FAST is FUN ...use your dome tho...

Edit: Here is a link,
Fatal Car Crash

http://www.kpcnews.com/community/fremont/

*EDIT: swartlkk* - fixed long link.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Lee
Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course, I've seen too many people die making mistakes. Most of the time I'm sensible, but the few times I act stupid, I make sure there's nobody around. Like you said, I don't worry about me, it's others.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:37 PM

Sorry i didn't mean that hole thing above as a replie to you man. Just thought people should see what can happen. Anyway me also, and i only race at the track, for this reason.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:58 PM
blazinblack is an unknown quantity at this point

dont listen to them do what you want but i go with a hyper tech and then you can take off your speed and rev limiter and change your shift points and anything else you want on your computer on your vehicle

Old 02-23-2007, 07:02 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: blazinblack

dont listen to them do what you want but i go with a hyper tech and then you can take off your speed and rev limiter and change your shift points and anything else you want on your computer on your vehicle
The Hypertech doesn't remove those limiters, it lets you raise them, but not remove them.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:41 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

The governor is located on the drivers side of the tranny. To remove it you simply pop the cover off, careful of the rubber seal and have a catch can handy, it will leak some tranny fluid. If you have a floor shifted t-case, you will have to remove the linkage. Then the governor slides right out. Not sure why you want to remove it. It is needed to control the tranny shifting. Without it you will never get out of 1st gear.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ROTF LMAO!!! That is great!!!

Old 03-06-2007, 11:42 PM
5.7Lblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 350 in my S10 blazer dont know what it tops out at ive wrapped it back around to 15 but its a little off bexause of the swap

Quick Reply: how to remove "the governor"