Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

WAIT4ME TUNE

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 06:28 AM
Beginning Member
sweet-98ta is on a distinguished road

Jesse is a great tuner, but on his own terms. I took my T/A back to his shop to get it retuned when I put a cam in it (let me mention, this is a TINY, off the shelf cam that literally hundreds of people have run and its nothing that difficult to tune over stock). He reflashed it, took about 5 minutes for him to do it once I spent like 3 hours there waiting, and it runs like crap. My AFR jumps from 13.5-16.0 while cruising and the motor just surges and bucks. WOT its perfect though. It holds 12.9 and pulls like a freight train. He gave me this lame explanation about how all of my sensors were bad and my car was just "messed up." My car has just over 60K miles on it. It's literally not even broke in yet. Still smells like new leather inside.

Then, one day we were talking to him about some other stuff and as a tuner, you would think that you would know about what a car would pick up with certain mods. Here's where it gets good though... He claimed: "Heads are a marketing gimmick for any car. They are only worth about 3-5 HP no matter what you do." Nothing is further from the truth. My ported heads for my friends LT1s picked up 30-40 HP over their stock heads, and I know if my Trans Am had some better heads, it would pick up 30-40 HP as well.

I will say, he does great work, but only if he wants to. Seems to me like he has lost the connection with the little guys that got him where he is today. I know he does a lot of work on Cadillacs now. Looks like if you got deep pockets, that's where the interest lies...

Old 01-30-2012, 07:18 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
well i ordered mine tonight, we will see what happens.
Sweet, let us know your thoughts

Originally Posted by sweet-98ta
Jesse is a great tuner, but on his own terms. I took my T/A back to his shop to get it retuned when I put a cam in it (let me mention, this is a TINY, off the shelf cam that literally hundreds of people have run and its nothing that difficult to tune over stock). He reflashed it, took about 5 minutes for him to do it once I spent like 3 hours there waiting, and it runs like crap. My AFR jumps from 13.5-16.0 while cruising and the motor just surges and bucks. WOT its perfect though. It holds 12.9 and pulls like a freight train. He gave me this lame explanation about how all of my sensors were bad and my car was just "messed up." My car has just over 60K miles on it. It's literally not even broke in yet. Still smells like new leather inside.

Then, one day we were talking to him about some other stuff and as a tuner, you would think that you would know about what a car would pick up with certain mods. Here's where it gets good though... He claimed: "Heads are a marketing gimmick for any car. They are only worth about 3-5 HP no matter what you do." Nothing is further from the truth. My ported heads for my friends LT1s picked up 30-40 HP over their stock heads, and I know if my Trans Am had some better heads, it would pick up 30-40 HP as well.

I will say, he does great work, but only if he wants to. Seems to me like he has lost the connection with the little guys that got him where he is today. I know he does a lot of work on Cadillacs now. Looks like if you got deep pockets, that's where the interest lies...
Wow, I hope he meant headERS and not just heads. Which even still, to claim only 3-5 hp?

Old 02-03-2012, 10:56 AM
juanfpina is on a distinguished road

I've been trying to contact him to get a tune done, but I sent a email over a week ago and no response. Anyone have any recommendations for a tuner for our cars? I don't have anything special now, but later on I plan on doing some mods so free retunes would be nice, something pcm4less doesn't do.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can't go wrong with PCMforless. I would never use Jesse at Wait4me after all the garbage he has put out.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:19 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

i guess ill find out when i get it. im still waiting for it to be shipped. 5 days later...

Old 02-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
i guess ill find out when i get it. im still waiting for it to be shipped. 5 days later...
Good luck man. Hope it turns out good for you.

FWIW I shipped my Dad's 98 Camaro SS PCM out to get tuned after I installed long tube headers, off-road y-pipe and deleted the AIR/EGR crap to a sponsor on LS1tech.com. He received it on a Thursday, tuned it, and shipped it back the SAME day. The tune is also great.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:20 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

A fellow s10 planet member (and admin) has started doing custom tunes for obd2 if anybody is interested. I run obd1 and do my own tuning but he hasn't had any complaints so far out of all the s-series he has done. I don't think he limits himself to s-series but that's what he owns and all I've heard him work on so far.

He can do some 97 but all 98+ 2.2s and 4.3s

http://www.s10planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26908

Last edited by neo71665; 02-03-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:01 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Well it just showed up tonight and i threw it in, and HOLLY SH*T she sure scoots now . with the same amount of throttle that i usually give to get moving from a stop it took off like a frickin rocket (compared to normal) and those improved shift points are amazing. 3rd gear at 45 and about 1600 rpm when normally i would have to be in over drive to get that low of rpm at 45. cant wait to run high octane gas and get on the freeway.

so far i love it, highly recommend it. i know there are some complaints about Jesse but no one is perfect

Old 02-07-2012, 11:43 AM
juanfpina is on a distinguished road

After calling and emailing him multiple times I quit on Wait4Me so I ended up going to PCM4LESS now I'm just waiting to get it back. I'll post here with the results in case it helps anyone.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:08 PM

I dont know how everyone is having suck bad luck with emailing him or calling him, every time i sent an email to Hannah it was responded to the next day and every time i called, one of the two answered.

Quick Reply: WAIT4ME TUNE