Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

WAIT4ME TUNE

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
so far i love it, highly recommend it. i know there are some complaints about Jesse but no one is perfect
Glad it's working out for you.

When it comes to the profession he is in, you NEED to be damn near perfect every time. He has a habit of blowing up motors and there is plenty of documentation floating around to confirm that. If I were looking for someone to tune my LQ4 Turbo set-up in my Camaro, I definitely would not let him anywhere near it. Not to mention his lack of follow up and being available for potential new customers is horrid.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:31 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Longer02
Glad it's working out for you.

When it comes to the profession he is in, you NEED to be damn near perfect every time. He has a habit of blowing up motors and there is plenty of documentation floating around to confirm that. If I were looking for someone to tune my LQ4 Turbo set-up in my Camaro, I definitely would not let him anywhere near it. Not to mention his lack of follow up and being available for potential new customers is horrid.
Yeah for high end tuning like that ive heard a lot of bad things about him, i think he has lost sight of the little guys who got him to where he is today.

But for something like this, tuning a PCM out of a Blazer.. i mean.. whats there to screw up that would destroy your engine?

Old 02-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
Yeah for high end tuning like that ive heard a lot of bad things about him, i think he has lost sight of the little guys who got him to where he is today.

But for something like this, tuning a PCM out of a Blazer.. i mean.. whats there to screw up that would destroy your engine?
I understand where your thinking is but tuning is not something to be taken lightly no matter what combo you are tuning.

Sounds like everything will work out just fine for your Blazer though.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:19 PM
juanfpina is on a distinguished road

I just received my tuned pcm and in all honesty I'm dissapointed. I feel no performance different at all, the shifts feel the same, and the air bag light was not removed like requested in the order form. I wonder if I accidently received an untuned ome because reading others stories of their tuned pcm's gave me a different expectation

Old 02-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Starting Member

Realistically you can't expect too much out of a tune on a stock 4.3. All of these guys are going by their SOTP (seat of the pants) meter with no way to actually verify anything. Hell, I just got my Dad's PCM back in his 98 SS Camaro from one of the best tuners for LS1's and you can hardly tell a difference. This is on a car that puts down over 350 RWHP.

I would give them a call though and talk with them.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:13 PM
bigkeith11 is on a distinguished road

Me and my buddy sent both our computers in a flat rate box for $20. I didn't have any problems getting them on the phone and paid through paypal easy as pie. Sent Wednesday night and Hannah called today (1 week) just to confirm the return address. So far so good! Sadly i won't be able to test my tune until i get my engine swapped.