Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Whats everyones running temp or the coolant/engine in the 4.3?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010 | 03:22 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Is this a good guide?

http://www.ehow.com/how_2152965_lowe...tomobiles.html

Thanks for all the help Kyle.

Old 05-04-2010 | 03:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a fan of scrubbing radiators & condensers. It is just too easy to bend the fins. A good hose stream will provide the necessary action to loosen debris so long as you let the cleaner do the work of softening the debris. When you are all said and done, you should be able to spray water through the radiator, through the condenser, and out the front enough to still be some what of a stream when you are all said and done.

I say to spray back through the radiator back of the radiator towards the front because that is the most effective means of freeing the junk from the fins. It went in from the front and you are just trying to push it back through from where it entered.

I find it easiest to remove the radiator top shroud, the fan, and the bottom shroud to really make sure that everything gets cleaned properly.

NO POWER WASHERS HERE EITHER unless you really know what you are doing or are good with a radiator comb!

Old 05-04-2010 | 03:50 PM

Awesome, thanks again!

Old 05-06-2010 | 04:45 PM

Sorry to double post like this, but I was wondering if engine degreaser is a good cleanser for this? Going to give this a go today or tomorrow.

Old 05-06-2010 | 05:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Phil, it's not considered a double post if it's been 24hrs

Engine degreaser will likely work. It'll have a lot of solvents in it and it shouldn't hurt anything that's there. I wouldn't let it get on the paint of the vehicle in its concentrated form.

Old 05-06-2010 | 06:23 PM

Okay cool, I was debating between that and my Meguair's foaming rim cleaner.

Old 07-09-2010 | 08:29 PM
Beginning Member
rbrace is on a distinguished road

2001 blazer 4.3 4wd standard my temp gauge is always hugging 200

Old 07-12-2010 | 04:00 AM
David Hineline is an unknown quantity at this point

Give men an idiot light, and until it comes on men are happy, give them a gauge and they will worry about it to no end.

Old 08-08-2010 | 05:25 PM
Chuk Rhodes is on a distinguished road

In the service manual for testing the temp sensor, it says "When fully warmed, ECT sensor should reflect a temperature of at least 185 degrees F". Presumably thats whats required to get the engine in Closed Loop mode. If it does run cooler, you could trick the sensor with a resistor, getting cooler temps and closed loop mode, I wonder how that effects the engine?

Old 08-09-2010 | 01:25 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

i forgot, what is closed loop and open loop mode?

Quick Reply: Whats everyones running temp or the coolant/engine in the 4.3?