Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

ABS & ParkingBrake light problem????

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009 | 03:42 PM
|
okvortec is on a distinguished road

That's the way I see it...

Old 06-05-2009 | 03:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sisk28
Ok...maybe I'm just confused as to what needed to be done. It is a case of a bad ABS module correct? And instead of replacing it, it can be rebuilt. Am I understanding this right?
Module Masters will go through the ABS control module and replace any of the failed components. Whether they be resistors, chips, or the actual valves.

Old 06-05-2009 | 06:07 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to interject Kyle, but they do not only fix the failed components, they upgrade the whole unit with new and up to date parts. Here is the process they go through with each unit.

1) Prepping - All modules are first thoroughly cleaned by bead blasting, then inspected for physical damage caused by water, shock, or electrical problems. In the rare event that your module is beyond repair, we will let you know immediately, and in many cases, can offer you a replacement from our inventory.

2) Scanning - Next, we scan your module for error codes stored in its flash memory. These codes give us a clue as to why your module failed.

3) Repair - Our specially trained technicians find and repair the specific problem(s) with your module.

4) Preventative Maintenance - All components known to fail are replaced with the highest quality parts available. Some of our competitors don't think this step is necessary, however, if it means your module remains trouble free for the life of your vehicle, we think it's worth it.

5) Testing - All modules are connected to a test fixture which emulates the same electrical systems and CAN bus found in your vehicle. We then simulate a variety of driving conditions from wheel slippage to hard braking just as if we were test driving your vehicle. We take this extra step to ensure your module is in 100% working condition before leaving our shop.

6) Thermal Bonding - On critical electrical connections we use a conductive polymer which allows wires to flex without breaking. The polymer must be cured at a precise temperature for 8 hours.

7) Sealing - Finally, we seal each module with RTV silicone, give it our trademark stamp of approval, then ship it right to your door - better than new.

Last edited by willjones; 06-05-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-06-2009 | 09:04 PM
tonyhonsberger is on a distinguished road

I had the same two lights on, I changed the front wheel bearing hub Assembly and lights went out right away

Old 07-11-2009 | 01:41 PM
Starting Member
Rp9110 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willjones
I just got off the phone with the people at modulemasters.com and I am going to give some answers to our questions. I was told that all of the 01 modules can be rebuilt unless it has been modified or if it is structurally damaged. They show three models that it could be, but she said that those are very very rare and normally found in older models. There are over 50 different Kelsey Hayes 325 modules so it may not look exaclty the same as their website picture of the 325, because of different options like traction control 4x4 4x2 etc. The vehicle can be driven without the module as long as the pump is covered, but you WILL lose your speedo. Total cost with rebuild and shipping is $130 with a 2 day turnaround. There is no reprograming required because it comes back to you with the same programing you already had on it. It comes with a 5 year warranty which is better than a new replacement that costs $585. I will be getting one next month when I go on vacation, because I don't want to be driving around without a speedo. If you guys have any other questions feel free to ask me.
I had mine taken out 2 days ago and I mailed it out yesterday to Moscow ID to have it repaired. My speedometer is still working and functioning normally.

Old 07-14-2009 | 03:45 PM
ChevyBlazer1989 is an unknown quantity at this point

my 99' 4x4 does the same thing... I got a estimate for $600 but def. aint on my top to do list either..

Old 07-21-2009 | 01:31 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazer1989
my 99' 4x4 does the same thing... I got a estimate for $600 but def. aint on my top to do list either..
Check this, could be your problem.
http://www.modulemaster.com/en/servi...ld_process.php

Old 08-03-2009 | 10:52 PM
tonyhonsberger is on a distinguished road

well the stupid light s were coming on again, BUt its fixed again. Check the ground wires under the air filter box, took them off and cleaned the ground no more lights try that before any thing eles

Old 08-08-2009 | 12:00 AM
Starting Member

Got my module put back on today, no more ABS and Emergency Brake on. Saved a lot of money this way.

Old 08-08-2009 | 05:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Good deal! Thanks for the follow up!

Quick Reply: ABS & ParkingBrake light problem????