Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Another one of those won't start threads (93 fullsize blazer.)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Beginning Member
pusher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Another one of those wont start threads (93 fullsize blazer.)

Ah crappy, well you saved me the cost of replacing my transmission fluid at the very least so thank you.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:14 AM
Beginning Member
pusher is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, the woes continue. Has anyone rewound an alternator before? I drove over to my school (feathering the transmission into 2nd and 3rd intermittently) and right as I pulled into the town the alternator went down to 9 volts from 14. Thankfully God worked that one out for me in that I was already in town. I think my brother has a spare I can try swapping out,so if that works, has anyone ever rebuilt an alternator? This sounds like maybe a bushing went out in it...if it even has them.... or maybe one of the coils burned out? I've rewound my motorcycle stator with success, just wondering if it's possible to do the same in this instance. If so, I'll set out to find some reading material on the subject.

Also, since I may have been hosed on the computer replacement bill, does anyone know what it might cost to have my transmission tested? I can't keep feathering the machine, it's a little embarassing when women are in the car.

Thanks for being patient with me and the machine!

Old 01-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

For the trouble, it is not worth it. You could have the alternator tested at your nearest Autozone or Advanced Auto. It could be a problem with the regulator which on your alternator should be external and replaceable.