Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

bad idle & fuel pressure (video)

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 04:47 PM
99bravada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: bad idle & fuel pressure (video)

true....i also notice every few days when i hop in to start it sometimes i will crank for 2 or 3 seconds apposed to starting right up ...but like i said its compleetly random and isnt nessissarily from a cold start i could shut it off run in the store come out and it would do it ..then it would be fine for a few days then in the mornign i could come out and it would do it then ...then be fine again ...sometime it happens more than once a day ...then it wont happen for a few

Old 04-03-2008, 06:48 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Could be the Idle Air Control Valve not functioning correctly. Have you checked the distributer cap and rotor for cracks. When was the last time they were replaced. You could also run the engine in the dark to look for a bad plug wire shorting out to the vehical somewhere. Could be all you need is cap, rotor & Plug wires.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:23 PM

i have allready done the cap rotor and wires... ill check the IAC....

ok if the iac is the sensor after the mass airflow ...when i unpluged it .it made no diffrence in the way it ran...would that mean its faulty
...the thing is with the truck ....i dont see the needle going up and down on the rpms just a shakin truck

Old 04-03-2008, 08:58 PM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm since it definetly engine not tranny, I wonder im not familure with the engine mounts on these engine but they may fail that would definetly cause a shake that doesnt result in RPM change.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:03 PM

Thats true ....your going to laugh ...but i did try to check that by putting a jack under the motor(not on the oil pan)...i dont know how well that would work but it made no diffrence ....plus there are times when the shake isnt there so that would lead me to believe that its prob somthing electrical or fule related

Old 04-03-2008, 10:29 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

IAC is in the intake next to the TPS.

The Tach gets its info for the distributor.Verify that the distributpor wires are hooked up, take it off and put it back on, it shoudl click like the rest of the connectors.

Rough idle could be a host of things. Pull your spark plugs and take a look at them. Post up what you find.

A faulty dietributor could also be the problem.

One last thing, if your O2 sensors are shot ro not hooked up your truck will run, howver your gas mileage will suck big time. Is your engine going into Open Loop? Only way to check that is via a code reader that has the Freeze data. try your local autopart store. When a code is set all the data is froozen.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:40 PM

yeah no code for 02 and all the plugs and wires and cap and rotor are new

I pulled the iac senson and nothing happend

Old 04-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean by "I pulled the iac sensor and nothing happened"? Did you disconnect the IAC wiring or actually remove the valve?

O2 sensors can be lazy, affecting performance/efficiency, but not trip a code. As Tim has suggested, a scan tool with freeze frame data may give you a better idea of what is happening with the engine. Better yet, if you can find someone with a scan tool that can graph the O2 sensor output, you can quickly determine if the sensor is operating properly.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:41 PM

i did both pulled and unpluged it

allright ill have my buddy try that .....also when i pulled out of the gas station today it statred sputtering and almost pide when i was giving it gas ....could be a fluke ...i dont know