Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Cams, intakes, other engine upgrades.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 01:32 AM
jagermeister585 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cams, intakes, other engine upgrades.

I want to do something different than a V8 swap and also something different than just bolting on a supercharger. I read in an article in Hot rod magazine that (as far as I can recall) 1994 & up S10 blazers are equipped with a balance shaft on, near, (and or) around the cam somewhere and to my understanding... is basically a red flag for beefing up my engine.I planned to put in some heavy duty pushrods, Semi-race cam with a lope, forged pistons, hydraulic lifters, change out the stock headers for a set ofnice flowmaster or magnaflowfree flow headersand also have some good exhaust (either, orbrand. maybe borla if I can conjur up the money for borla)

I also have read about K&N cold air intakes and the AEM brute force intakes. To be more specific I've narrowed my selection down to the two, but the question is... which one is better for my application? I'd personally go with K&N off topps but i want some more opinions. Also does anybody know of websites that sell A LOT of aftermarket parts for 94-up blazers? There's tons of parts for the square 80's and early-mid 90's blazers. I'm not seeing much for 98's?

Old 02-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Cams, intakes, other engine upgrades.

ORIGINAL: jagermeister585

Also does anybody know of websites that sell A LOT of aftermarket parts for 94-up blazers? There's tons of parts for the square 80's and early-mid 90's blazers. I'm not seeing much for 98's?
Just a little clarification 94 is still a square body blazer, the s-10 pickup switched to the 2nd gen bodystyle in 94 but the s-series blazers did not switch until 95 (the blazer in my sig is a 94) However you were correct about 94 having the balance shaft.
As far as aftermarket parts I normally just hit summitracing mainly because they can answer just about any questions you have (and actually have a clue what they are talking about) and since its only a 30 minute drive away its fairly convenient.