Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Did i get screwed

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 08:36 PM
90zbabyboredout is on a distinguished road
Default Did i get screwed

Bought a 91 blazer lady said that she had the engine idled up because it needed a tune up bad I test driove it seemed believable.
.but I decided to take it for a spin around the parking lot and first it stLled then the tyranny slipped completely and I had to put the car in park turn it off and restart it for it to catch gear... Then it wouldn't turn off earlier until I finagled with it a bit I'd the tyranny just gone or did I get screwed

Old 05-18-2018, 01:23 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 90zbabyboredout
Bought a 91 blazer lady said that she had the engine idled up because it needed a tune up bad I test driove it seemed believable.
.but I decided to take it for a spin around the parking lot and first it stLled then the tyranny slipped completely and I had to put the car in park turn it off and restart it for it to catch gear... Then it wouldn't turn off earlier until I finagled with it a bit I'd the tyranny just gone or did I get screwed
More info on the Blazer would be nice. Is it 4wd? What motor does it have? What fuel induction system? Also, it seems like you have some troubles with your spell-check. Are you posting from a phone? Whatever it is a bit hard to gather all the facts.

To your point, a 91 Blazer is a 27 year old vehicle and being an SUV, there is definitely the possibility it could have been abused over those years.

However, if I'm gathering the points well, the idle was set high to compensate for the engine supposedly needing a tune-up? The underlying cause could be that something really bad is going on or perhaps as simple as there being some vacuum leaks due to cracked or disconnected hoses to the engine.

Give us a follow-up post and those who know more than me might be able to help.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:40 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

How bout da

Old 05-19-2018, 08:55 AM
90zbabyboredout is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
More info on the Blazer would be nice. Is it 4wd? What motor does it have? What fuel induction system? Also, it seems like you have some troubles with your spell-check. Are you posting from a phone? Whatever it is a bit hard to gather all the facts.

To your point, a 91 Blazer is a 27 year old vehicle and being an SUV, there is definitely the possibility it could have been abused over those years.

However, if I'm gathering the points well, the idle was set high to compensate for the engine supposedly needing a tune-up? The underlying cause could be that something really bad is going on or perhaps as simple as there being some vacuum leaks due to cracked or disconnected hoses to the engine.

Give us a follow-up post and those who know more than me might be able to help.
Firstly thank you for your time secondly no it's not a 4x4 don't know what you mean by fuel induction and when I went outside to kiss her goodnight there was a puddle of tranny fluid under her

Old 05-20-2018, 02:50 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 90zbabyboredout
Firstly thank you for your time secondly no it's not a 4x4 don't know what you mean by fuel induction and when I went outside to kiss her goodnight there was a puddle of tranny fluid under her
Puddle of transmission fluid is never a good thing. You could have a leak in the cooling lines for the transmission or in the transmission itself.