Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Did I just fubar my trans...again???

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 02:16 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Well, that isn't up for debate here though. I think technically we answered my trans... I did FUBAR it, os now I just need to decide whether to borrow 800 from my buddy or trade for the 94 like in the other thread.

Thanks guys.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:31 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

didnt want to make it a debate btw did you check out that 1st gen yet?

Old 07-05-2011, 02:35 PM

Nope. Holiday weekend and all, I was rather busy. He's going to check out mine this afternoon at the trans shop, and if he's still interested I'll see how worthwhile it'll be for me to drive to Wisconsin and test drive his.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:11 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

cant meet up with him this afternoon and test drive it at the trans shop?

Old 07-05-2011, 03:16 PM

Nope. He's got another truck with him today and I'm busy after work. I have to go to his house to test drive it.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:38 PM
TZFBird is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Picture of the clutches in the case. I don't know what is right/wrong here, can anybody comment?
Maybe I'm looking into this to much, but where are the overrun clutches and the 3-4 apply ring which should be covering that hole just above the clutch friction shown? It's a bit discolored but the real truth is shown on the steels that become spotted like a Cheeta or else turn blue.

My guess is Forward Clutch Piston seal was knicked when installed and once it leaks under high pressure(running high RPMs mudding), it could have galzed the clutches. It might work for a few shifts after that but once they slip and burn they are done.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:55 PM

I... have no clue what you said, haha. I know very very little about transmissions.

However, I gave the go ahead to rebuild it today, and found out I might just have my truck back tomorrow already! If not, it should be done on Saturday according to the guy. Cannot wait, I'm really excited now.

Could have something to do with not (at all) wanting to drive my sisters Grand Am (again) anymore, haha.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:35 AM
TZFBird is on a distinguished road

Sorry I was putting it out there for anyone who might work on transmissions. I'm trying to teach myself and diagnosing is the hardest part so I try to come up with my own assumption(s). In case someone can confirm or deny it.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:37 AM

Ah, awesome.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Beginning Member
karmtec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Last night I had a first date with a girl, got halfway there and voila, no forward gears. I turned a corner and the RPMs jumped up like I was in neutral, but I had hit the gas pretty hard on accident so I thought maybe the trans kicked into a lower gear. I laid off the gas and ignored it. Got to a red light a few blocks later and when the light turned green, I wasn't moving.
Did your "first date" girl understand the situation and importance of your vehicle?

Quick Reply: Did I just fubar my trans...again???