Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Engine removal help

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 12:02 AM
jigger is on a distinguished road

why? they're probably the easiest thing on the job

Maybe it was the freeze plugs.Idon't want to remember!

Old 11-21-2009, 12:10 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jigger
Maybe it was the freeze plugs.Idon't want to remember!
nope, not those either. i'd have to say it'd be the top left bolt on the t-case (behind the shifter linkage for the t-case). that little sucker takes like 15 minutes to do-if you only have a regular box wrench. much easier with a gear wrench.

funny, ever since i bought my gear wrenches, i can't recall ever doing another t-case again. figures.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:37 PM

also forgot to mention to you dunontime, i alway Ziplock bag and label the bolts/nuts when disassembling everything. been doing it forever. probably started doing it right around the time they were invented, hahahahaha! personally, i think this is why Sharpie's were also invented.

Hey oldskool I used to do the baggie thing. Stopped doing it cuz I tried to put a sandwich in a motor once, bad part was I didn't notice until I tried to look up the torque specs for a ham-n-cheese on french! haha!

But seriously that is a good idea. If you are using a manuel all you have to do is write the number of the step the bag goes to.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Beginning Member
chrisw1022 is on a distinguished road

indeed top tcase bolt had me scratchin my head at 3 in the morning its a pain when all ya got is a box end wrench

id have to say be very careful when breakin tcase away from trans. theres not as much shaft holdin it as one would think. i found out the hard way and have the bruise on my chest to confirm.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:54 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chrisw1022
indeed top tcase bolt had me scratchin my head at 3 in the morning its a pain when all ya got is a box end wrench

id have to say be very careful when breakin tcase away from trans. theres not as much shaft holdin it as one would think. i found out the hard way and have the bruise on my chest to confirm.
yeah, i only did that the first time i ripped the drive line outta my '92.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Beginning Member
dunontme is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I've decided to buy a new long block from autozone and drop it in instead of fixing this one. It willl be here on 12/8.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:34 PM

You will be happy,thats probably a good decision. Happy at least after it's in. lol
good luck!

Old 12-01-2009, 11:41 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by dunontme
Well I've decided to buy a new long block from autozone and drop it in instead of fixing this one. It willl be here on 12/8.
well Merry Christmas to you! be sure to post a few shot's of your nice 'n pretty engine when you get it, in the crate, and in the truck of course.