Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Engine stalling

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 08:28 AM
WVblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Engine stalling

Hello People I'm new to the forum, I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me with their 99' Blazer 4x4, the engine stalled out while parked, the engine was warmed up and started straight back up then it stalled again while driving along again it started right back up I thought it could be water in the gas so I put some dry gas in and filled up from a different gas station with higher octane gas but it started to stall more often until it was stalling every couple of miles and got harder to start, now it won't start without a lot of trys and stalls witin a few minutes, I can hear the fuel pump start when I switch on the key and gas is coming through when I push in the valve it squrts gas, I took the battery off over night to reset the computer (and that fixed my 4WD!) but it's still the same, any Ideas?? anyone had this problem? Iv'e been told by fuel pump is the problem but I can hear it pumping so I don't know.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:33 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Engine stalling

To rule out the fuel pump and pressure regulator, you will have to test them. Connect a pressure gauge to the schraeder valve on the fuel inlet line and turn the key to 'on'. The pressure should read 55-62psi. Turn off the key and the pressure should drop no more than ~2-3psi. Let us know what you find. Oh, and [sm=welcomesign.gif]to the Forum.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:34 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Engine stalling

I am thinking a fpr problem but do the test suggested and see were your at with psi then we can move forward with other troubleshooting! Also welcome to the forum, glad to have you!!!