Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Help! Fuel pump changed/relay sizzle behind glovebox

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 11:30 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bassman
Well guys, I appreciate the advice. I decided to give it a few days after I fixed the brakes. (1a)The brake problem was that the pedal had not come all the way up, but had also gotten stuck and would not raise up. I don't know why. (1b)I got frustrated and pulled the pedal up by hand while pulling on the brake release, and eventually it inched it's way up. Now the wheels are fine. I rechecked all my fuel lines and all looks good, but it still has to crank awhile before it starts, where before it would always fire right up. (2)I think the little pump at the throttle body may not be working, but not sure how to check it.

1a/b: that's definately a sign that one (or more) of your PB cables has siezed up.

2: are you talking about the injectors that sit on top of the throttle body? there is no "pump" @ the throttle body.

Originally Posted by bassman
.............. Now, does anyone have any idea how I can get my heater blower working?
sounds like you need to post another thread up.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Beginning Member
bassman is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, where the throttle body is. I swear I heard an electronic buzz noise somewhere around there before. I think when I shut it off. As if a "pump" was working. Could be wrong. I know Holley 750's much better than throttle bodies and such. Something is either letting the gas drain away from the throttle body, or something that is supposed to keep it at the throttle body isn't working. Any ideas? And yes, I'll look for the blower motor problem elsewhere. I am sure I am not the first. lol Thanks guys.