Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

help with no fuel problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 08:58 AM
mikeswhls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help with no fuel problem

My sister hasmy old95 blazer with the 4.3 engine code w. about 2 months ago I replaced the spider injector unit with a remanufactured unit. It ran great till Thursday.She shut it off and it wouldn't start back up. Afterlooking at itI realisedshe had no fuel at the schrader valve. So I towed it home andreplaced the fuel pump. Still no fuel to spark plugs. I pulled the plentum off to check the spider injector. I now have fuel getting to the spider but nothing coming out of the poppets. I didn't see any leaks. I also checked for power tothe spider and had power at the blue wire. Saturday I went to the junk yard an picked up a used spider. After putting everything back together I still have no fuel to the cylinders. Any other ideas or do you think both my remanufactured and used units are bad. Ifyou think there both bad is there anyway to check them?

Your help would be appreciated as I have to get this truck running asap.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: help with no fuel problem

I would recommend that you replace the internal wiring to the CPI spider. I have seen these fail from time to time.

Also, when you replaced the spider, did you replace the 'nut kit' (internal fuel lines)? If they are not leaking, then it will probably be ok, but they do not like being reused.