Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Help truck wont start

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Starting Member
time_is_money is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Help truck wont start

i have a 98 blazer i just did i motor swap from another blazer now it wont run. i have 60lbs fuel pressure at intake but it just starts then dies if i manually feed it fuel it will run but the security light flashes. something is cutting the fuel from the injectors i have also replaced ignition tumbler as my key was broke in old ignition please help

Old 03-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you need to do the passlock relearn.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Starting Member

how do i do this i have tried what i though was right but do you know the steps?

nevermind i see i can click a link

k i did those steps but the security light only flashes for a second or two then turns off the only time it keeps flashing is when i feed fuel manually to the engine also it runs longer if i use the remote start but dosent keep running it will run for 5 seconds rather than 1 second

bump i really need help

Last edited by swartlkk; 03-20-2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:12 PM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

It is the passcode relearn. You can find numerous posts about this in any GM forum. I had this issue with a Malibu. I believe you turn the key on without cranking it for 10 minutes. Turn key off, then start the truck. You need to convice it that it hasnt been stolen. Shooting from the hip, relying on memory. I would google it to verify. Good luck!

Old 03-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

First off I must mention that your urgency in getting your truck fixed does not give you the right to violate the rules of the forum. Please wait for people to respond.

You clearly have a passlock issue. If you have tried the 30 minute relearn procedure and it did not work, the next step I would take is to get it to someone that can do the scan tool relearn. It doesn't have to be a dealership as some of the full feature Snap-On, etc scan tools are capable of it as well. If that doesn't work, while you still have the scan tool hooked up, get them to read all of the codes stored. There may be a Cxxxx or Bxxxx code that will point you in the proper direction for curing your problem.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Starting Member

i dont think your right as passlock work off the key right? so why dosent my car starter start it either ? i may be wrong but i dont think so i have a snapon scan tool it says nothing about the passlock being locked or code wrong infact it says passlock ok and there are no stored codes whats your answer now?

Old 03-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Do you want help with this or not? Cause I'm not liking the tone you are taking.

Nice of you to mention the remote starter... Details....

Anyway, regardless of whether it fails to start with the RS, key, or both, it still stinks of passlock issue.

Good luck with your problem.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:30 PM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

You could always have it towed to a dealer. They will be very happy to fix your problem for a small fee. Or you can accept free advice from people who have "been there and done that".

FYI - the passlock doesnt affect the starter circuit. So the remote start accomplishes nothing. Basically your blazer thinks its stolen. When that happens, the computer shuts off the signal to the injectors. When you force feed the engine fuel it will run, Its just awful hard to keep pouring fuel down its throat while youre driving it. Convince the blazer it isnt stolen