Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

truck wont start please help !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Starting Member
Blazinloxtreme is on a distinguished road
Default truck wont start please help !!

hey whats up guys im new to this forum i been part of other forums but never this one im from ny i own a 2003 xtreme blazer i recently ran into a problem while trying to start my truck , i put the key in the ignition and turn it and nothing happens i asked a couple people and they told me the security light might be on checked it and it wasnt so i have to think it has something to do with the ignition i also have a after market 2 way alarm in the truck but like i was saying i turn key and i get nothing its not cranking or nothing i do kno the battery has 12.7 volts so battery is not dead does anyone have a idea what it is or what it could be if so is there a diagram to how to fix it and where i would get the cheapest parts reason i ask is i can build a truck do all kinds of custom work but idk about messing with ignition or nothing thanx for the help

Old 02-22-2013, 02:59 PM
ETWildPlay is on a distinguished road

Problems on my 1999 very similar. Might be the ignition module. I have read plenty of info on the Net about this same issue. Just a thought!

Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blazinloxtreme
hey whats up guys im new to this forum i been part of other forums but never this one im from ny i own a 2003 xtreme blazer i recently ran into a problem while trying to start my truck , i put the key in the ignition and turn it and nothing happens i asked a couple people and they told me the security light might be on checked it and it wasnt so i have to think it has something to do with the ignition i also have a after market 2 way alarm in the truck but like i was saying i turn key and i get nothing its not cranking or nothing i do kno the battery has 12.7 volts so battery is not dead does anyone have a idea what it is or what it could be if so is there a diagram to how to fix it and where i would get the cheapest parts reason i ask is i can build a truck do all kinds of custom work but idk about messing with ignition or nothing thanx for the help

Turn your headlights on and watch as you tunr the key. If they dim and nothing happens, you have a bad starter. If they don't dim, it may be your switch.