Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

I could use some help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 09:07 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: I could use some help.

9:00pm and she is ALIVE.

THANK GOD!!!!!!

The timing was off. Swarts timing instructions were spot on perfect and I got it timed the first try. You should sticky those instructions. I will post pics later tonight or tommorrow. I made a mod while I was at it. [8D]

I still need to test drive it, however the kids have friends over and there are vehicles everywhere.I still have an oil change to do on one of the kids trucks. That will happen in the driveway, I am not going through the hassle of getting the fleet moved for a 15 minute job. I'll update and post pics when I can.
Thanks for everyones help!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Great Tim!! Congrats! What was the problem originally? A leaky FPR?

Old 06-05-2007, 12:53 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Update and hopefully the final one.
After the whole fuel pressure regulator feasco I was still having an issue with random multiple missfires.
I gave it a full tune up, replaced the fuel pressure regulator, modified the butterfly, tested every sensor related to fuel injection, new battery, new starter, cleaned all the grounds and battery cables contacts, and finally took it to the dealer a second time. This time it was both 4 and 5 spark plug wires were defective. First time it was the cap and rotor.

So what did I learn from all this.
NEVER USE CHEAP IGNITON PARTS!!!!!!!!
Right now I am running AC Delco plugs, Bosch performance spark plug wires, and a OEM equvalient cap and rotor from Napa. Fortunately I bought lifetime parts thefirst time. I returned them and paid the difference.

It runs great.
I really love the butterfly mod, it has a ton more get up and go off the line.
My next mod will be a glasspack. I just need to pop a hole in the muffler when the wife isn't looking.

In between all of this hesitation problem I had brake issues too.
I'll do a different thread on that, probable in teh general section.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Atleast you got 'er fixed! It always sucks to throw some new parts on only to find that they too were defective. Many people have almost a mental block against such resolutions.

I liked the throttle blade mod, but wished I had of only cut it down to 3/8" instead of totally off. I started to see uneven burn between the front most cylinders (as they are routed in the lower intake) and the rear most which I believe to be attributed to uneven EGR gas distribution which is promoted by the deflector on the throttle blade. Also, in my scans of before and after this mod, my WOT acceleration didn't improve one bit! It is a nice feeling to have the increased tip in though.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:34 AM
litlchevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you ever check the timing?? I didn't think timing could cause a vehicle not to start, but mine was cranking and never firing and when it did start it ran horrible. I need a timing chain. Sure yours is set up different but could be a similar problem.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:31 PM
BF Veteran

Oh yea, I checked the timing. More then once, and Kyle even posted the correct procedure to check the timing on my engine.