Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Oil cooling lines

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 PM
jaystoy is on a distinguished road

Does removing the lines all together and putting the oil filter on the block in anyway hurt oil pressure?

Old 03-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Jaystoy, my oil pressure went up substantially when I moved the filter to the block. I was at 40-50psi cold and 20-30 psi when hot with the remote filter and oil cooler, but now it's 60-70 psi when cold, 40-50 when it's warmed up.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:01 PM

That does it. I just ordered the little adapter from GMPartsdirect.com. 7 bucks. What else do I need?

Old 03-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Why not use the threaded adapter from the remote filter mount? It just unscrews with an allen wrench and it's the same part. http://www.jagsthatrun.com/V6-instru...er-removal.pdf

EDIT: When the adapter is removed from the engine, it might not be a bad idea to replace the bypass valve.

Last edited by Captain Hook; 03-30-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:07 AM

The adapter in my remote filter was not removable.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by jaystoy
That does it. I just ordered the little adapter from GMPartsdirect.com. 7 bucks. What else do I need?
No other parts. If you bought the right adapter, it even uses the stock filter.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:19 AM

I will take the plunge. I am on my 2nd set of cooler lines and my 3rd set of filter to block lines. Lines are not leaking this time (well one of the cooler lies is starting to show wetness at the crimp) but t is now leaking I believe at the gasket between the oil line and the block adapter. such a pain in the *** and I am tired of sticking cardboard under the truck. I read this in a previous post, but deleting out the cooler will not adversely affect oil temp?

Old 03-30-2013, 07:33 AM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Deleting the oil cooler will increase oil temperature. Synthetic oil has a higher breakdown temperature, that's why it's recommended after deleting the cooler. There are two bypass valves in the remote filter mount, and one in the block at the oil filter adapter. Deleting the remote mount, (and the two valves) will cause a slight drop in oil pressure, and a slight increase in oil volume.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:19 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Deleting the oil cooler will increase oil temperature. Synthetic oil has a higher breakdown temperature, that's why it's recommended after deleting the cooler. There are two bypass valves in the remote filter mount, and one in the block at the oil filter adapter. Deleting the remote mount, (and the two valves) will cause a slight drop in oil pressure, and a slight increase in oil volume.
Yup, nothing that is harmful. I cant wait to get mine done. I already run synthetic.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:00 PM

So I got my lazy *** under the Blazer tonight, pulled the skid plate. It now appear that the oil lines are not the problem. Looks like the power steering pump is leaking underneath. everything is so wet and oily, looks like the oil steering fluid is leaking directly on top of the oil line and because of the slight slope it is running down to the block adapter, then down to the ground. Good news I guess, but the power steering pump looks like a bithc to get to and replace. 94 s10. Anyone have any experiance or suggestions for this job?

Quick Reply: Oil cooling lines