Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Oil cooling lines

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 10:28 PM
Starting Member
ruckus48 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
Look at my previous post, I just gave all the part numbers to do this properly, and without a problem of space. There have been many blazer and typhoon owners that have done this conversion without a problem of space.
The oil filter number I have given is a bit shorter to not come in contact with the front shaft/differential. Once its all done, getting to the filter really is not a problem.

The hardest part will be getting the old oil lines out, and the oil filter adapter on the block out, but with patience, it all can be done without unbolting anything or removing anything involving the drive line.
swivel sockets, and extensions to get the adapter off, and then wiggling and twisting to get it out of there, as for the lines, some kind of saw to cut the lines into pieces.
not that it matters, they are leaking anyways. so cutting them is not a problem.

As for the holes that will be left in the radiator where the oil cooler lines used to go... not a problem there either. Just leave them, the top one will be hidden by the upper rad hose, the bottom one will also be hidden out of site.

In the end, you will be left with a cleaner engine bay, no leaking lines, and an oil filter where it should be, with no problems down the road, win win win win.
I'm just in the process of moving the filter to the block on a 1996 Blazer, and getting the filter up to the block is a definite problem on this vehicle. I scratched my head about it until I decided to cut/file the tab off on the rear of the front differential. Once that was done, the filter fits up there no problem. BTW, the fitting required to thread into the block to attach the filter to needs to be purchased separately (in my application, anyway), since on my vehicle the fitting in the remote filter mount doesn't come out, like some do.