Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

removing the oil pan

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Starting Member
rigdog is on a distinguished road
Default removing the oil pan

I'm tring to replace the oil pan gasket and was wondering if it would be easier to lower the diff opposed to raising the motor. I'm doing this in the
drive way and with very limited tools.Starting to get frustrated first exhaust then water pump and timing cover which turned into oil pan. I appreciate any and all input thanks..........

sorry i have a 1995 chevy s-10 blazer 4.3 4x4....

Last edited by swartlkk; 11-22-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to Engine & Internal* - Please read the descriptions of the forum sections and choose the appropriate section for your post. Technical questions belong in the technical sections. Thanks.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Starting Member

I guess I'll just figure the **** out my self since I can't seem to get it in the right section and can't just ask a flippin question, it shouldn't matter what section your in either you know the answer or you don't reply thanks anyway>>>>>>>>>>

Old 11-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have a lot of things to do around here and one of those things is to keep this place orderly. Sorry you took offense to me moving your thread, but it is no reason to get all bent out of shape over it. In fact, that kind of attitude will not be tolerated on this forum nor would it result in getting you the help you seek.

If I still have time after I get done responding to the more courteous members of the forum, I will attempt to help you.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:07 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

i wouldnt talk that way to an admin

and btw, use the search button and take time to wait for answers, no one will answer you if you talk like that

Old 11-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Starting Member
robertr728 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rigdog
I guess I'll just figure the **** out my self since I can't seem to get it in the right section and can't just ask a flippin question, it shouldn't matter what section your in either you know the answer or you don't reply thanks anyway>>>>>>>>>>

Comment withdrawn. Never mind enjoy your repair.

Last edited by robertr728; 11-22-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Starting Member

I appolagize!! Just got a little frustrated tring to get this done before it gets cold or rains and can't get it done and the only response I got was from admin telling me to go somewhere else. I'll be off the forum as soon as i'm done. I'm going to try to stretch it over the pan.. when i'm done i'll post it so others will know that it can or can't be done...If you never gottin frustrated working on a vehicle then you've never turned a wrench otherwise you'd be a LITTLE understanding I would think..agian I am sorry for the outburst..

Old 11-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Administrator

About your repair, like mentioned earlier, use the search feature. It has been discussed before. The method you take really depends on what you have available in terms of tools and experience. And since you haven't elaborated, I will not speculate.

Most everyone gets frustrated when working on things from time to time, especially when rushed. The difference here is that you let that frustration control you to the point where you spit on the very people you were asking to help. Not a good idea in any venue... No one here gets any compensation for the time used to help others. How would you feel if someone asked you for help with an attitude like you have displayed here?

The nature of your responses will determine how well you get received around here. By your first few attempts...

Old 11-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Starting Member

well I have installed the oil pan gasket by streching it over the pan. There really wasn't much streching involved and was really pretty easy. Just make sure the pan is really clean and be gingerly with it and you shouldn't have much problem but that was my experience and i'm no mechanic just do what I have too..good luck to all..