Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Sad story and a question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Blue thunder 2000 is on a distinguished road
Default Sad story and a question.

not sure if my fuel-related problem applies here or what..but here we go.
Today my parents were filling me up because i have been my brothers taxi for the past week.I had previously put 25$ worth in a few days before but still. I started fueling and was happy until the gas pump shut off and stuff started splashing to the ground from the back end of the blazer(which im only assuming is gas)and immediately i have a mini-flip out moment. My dad who works at Carquest and took it for the day giving me his explorer and told me i needed a new fuel pump and told me to look online. I suggested a junk yard but my dad wants a definite new part so he told me to go online and find one, suggested i talk to you guys and see if i could get some help finding a good one for a good price,because im footing the bill myself and i dont get paid hardly anything. any help would be greatly appreciated! thunder would like it to

--Conner

Old 06-12-2012, 09:59 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

For fuel pumps & electrical (dist, plugs, wires etc) get AC Delco! Blazers do not like other brands for some reason. Search around in here for electrical or fuel pumps & you'll see almost everyone says that including the administrator Kyle aka swartllk.

But if the gas was spilling out because it was full... why would that be the pump? Sounds more like the seal on top of the tank or the filler tube.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:10 PM

would there be a way of fixing just that? my gauge also doesn't work. hasn't since i bought it. always stays right above full.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:27 PM
BF Veteran

Fixing either the pump or seal means dropping the tank so drive it till you thinks it's under 1/4 tank. Look under the tank & above it with a mirror & flashlight & try to see where the gas came from. That'll hopefully get you on the right track = a seal under $20 or a pump - over $200. Might just be a clamp on the filler tube or the seal on top of the tank.
As for the gauge staying pinned at the top, check the grounds at the rear https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...problem-42968/ (long read but worth it!). It really sounds like something is grounding out, a wires insulation chipped & grounding out or corrosion causing that. That's where I'd start anyway.

Last edited by Rottidog; 06-12-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:49 PM

i will definitely save this and show my dad tomorrow. he has all the auto connections around these parts and knows more about fixing things then i would.thank you so much for your help and ill be sure to update as things start getting fixed!

Old 06-12-2012, 10:52 PM
BF Veteran

My pleasure man! That's what a forum is for & I hope I'm leading you in the right direction with the gas issue.
Look & see where the gas is leaking from & then look for the why. You'll have the reason & ideas to fix it properly.

Good luck & yes, post results (unless I'm wrong lol j/k)