Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

serious help needed for my 2.8 ltr v6 1985 s-10

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Shade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default serious help needed for my 2.8 ltr v6 1985 s-10

ok so my truck has had this nasty vacume problem since i bought it, so i finaly went and bought a can of carb cleaner, and guess what. it was leaking around the whole bass of the carb, soooo i go and spend the 7 bucks and buy a new gasket, well the old one i took off had this thing in the whole of the primary barel.. it looks like it heats up the gas or whatever, well i cant take it off to put it on my new gasket so i just said screw it, its probably for east coast **** when its all snowy and ****. anyways so after alllllll that ****ing work of puting it back on and ****, i put everything back together and try to start her up, and she wouldnt start at all.. and she backfires (actual flame out of the carb) and sometimes she just spits fuel out of the carb but i can actualy get it started and goin but the engine is really really rough and will not stay running... what can be the issue hear?

Old 05-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Default RE: serious help needed for my 2.8 ltr v6 1985 s-10

bump i know im not patient but just because its 10:30 and i need it to be running tomorrow so i can go to work. gota pay the bills ya know

Old 05-16-2007, 03:32 AM

nevermind, i pulled the carb off again, and i noticed a huge *** crack in it, from top to botom. literally a piece of the carb fell off.. sooo yea 300 bucks MORE in debt here i come

Old 05-16-2007, 10:51 PM

this is what happened everyone

picture of the engine conpartment with hood off.

picture of the intake manafold

this is the mounting gasket that i thought was the original problem but still sorta was. left = old right = new.

the other side

the big beast of a carb i had to deal with.

again

and now the broken part :-( not the broken corner on the base of the carb

again

and again

and again

so basically that broken part ****ed everything up because it is the mounting point for that corner of the carb to the intake and therefor it will not mount it hard enough on the gasket to stop vacume leaks....

Old 05-17-2007, 06:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Alittle JB Weld and you're back in business! Well... Probably wouldn't hurt to try.

What are those vacuum lines running to on the old carb gasket? Can that screen be removed and placed down into the bore on the intake, held in place by the new gasket?

Old 05-17-2007, 05:16 PM

yea i was thinkin of usin some JB weld buuuut i dont have any.. lol and those arent vacume lines, they are electrical wires, that grade is a device that heats up the gas for vehicles used in the east or anywhere where its below 0 alot lol. i might be wrong so i probably will just sit it inside of the intake and place the new gasket ontop of it... but when i had everything put together, i pluged the old gasket into the wire it was originally plugged into and i tried starting it, the screan didnt do anything, didnt get hot, didnt get red, didnt even get cold lol...