Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Temp guage / thermostat....ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008 | 12:39 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Temp guage / thermostat....ideas?

dont use WD-40 to eat rust, it ownt do the trick. WD-40 stands for Water-Displacing, 40 th attempt. It is not designed to eat rust, its a modern day 3in1 oil and nothing more.

PB Blaster WILL eat rust, the hotter you get the nuts and bolts the more it soaks into the threads. If oyu cannot get heat on them, spary, and tap with a hammer. The tapping helps it soak in. If that is out, spray and let it soak, spray and soak.

Another trick, and this onegoes counter to logical thinking, initially.
After several rounds of spraying, try tighening the bolt/nut, and then try to unbolt it. Sometimes all you need to do is break the rust bond.

Old 01-14-2008 | 08:19 PM
Slow Rollin is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: HeyYou

Well, it's not like they are in an unfriendly environment...... They can be a real bear to get off. PB Blaster is a bit meaner than WD40, and should be available at the parts store. I love the stuff.
HeyYou,
I got the heads off tonight, that PB Blaster is some good stuff. Only had to heat one up with a torch. Now I hope I get the new heads before to long. Got lots of cleanup work to do not to get ready to putter back together.

Thanks again

Old 01-14-2008 | 09:18 PM
HeyYou is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Slow Rollin

ORIGINAL: HeyYou

Well, it's not like they are in an unfriendly environment...... They can be a real bear to get off. PB Blaster is a bit meaner than WD40, and should be available at the parts store. I love the stuff.
HeyYou,
I got the heads off tonight, that PB Blaster is some good stuff. Only had to heat one up with a torch. Now I hope I get the new heads before to long. Got lots of cleanup work to do not to get ready to putter back together.

Thanks again
I love the stuff. Been using it for decades. Won't have a garage without it.

Absolutley awesome!! Have fun with it. What variety of heads are you getting? Is there such a thing as high performance heads for a 4.3??

Old 01-15-2008 | 08:45 AM
Slow Rollin is an unknown quantity at this point

Not getting anything high performance just a good set of heads.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...B:EOIBSA:MT:11