Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Transmission really worried!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 06:21 PM
jman_08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transmission really worried!!!

I had posted awhile ago now the tranny is going into the shop i have no idea what the problem is.

I have checked the fluid and it is the correct level

Here is the deal seems to be worse and the cold weather and seemed to get worse after the ice we just had and spinning the tires (Not on purpose) Well when at a red light sometimes i hit the gas and the engine will rev a bit before the tranny catches. Most noticeable is when im going around corners the engine will rev and it will catch sometimes with a clunk.

Also lets say im going 25 MPH or so and i step on the gas there is also sometimes what i feel is a slip and a clunk sometimes a double clunk

In the last few days it has been doing it more and more and it also seems like the shifts are harder and when engaging into reverse from park or drive there is a lovely clank that is easily felt throughout the whole truck

Also on these trannys how long does a downshift take once i get up to speed and let off it takes a few seconds for the rpm to drop not sure if this is normal or not but there has been a slight clunk on downshift a few times.

No Codes 2004 S-10 Blazer Automatic 4.3L

Old 12-05-2008, 06:35 AM
salvy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Transmission really worried!!!

It sounds like the valves in the tranny, have or anyone you know of changed the filter ? It's possible if it's never been changed, but likely to be the valves in the tranny. Me personly, I would drop the pan, and change the filter, and check the bottom of the pan for alot of accumulated tiny metal material, that looks like a sludgy grayish/black bunch of muck.. That alone will tell you if it's ever been changed, which has plugged the filter, making the pump starve for fluid. Give it a shot.