Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Trouble with 01 Blazer LT

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Beginning Member
erics9971 is on a distinguished road
Default Trouble with 01 Blazer LT

I recently bought my 01 Blazer LT and I love the car! I just have a few things to nit pick about it. It has the p0410 code and I have checked the fuse and it is good. Other than that I do not know what else to do. It also is a pain in the *** to get out of 4 low. 4 high and auto 4 work great. Also my red Brake! and ABS light come on all the time. Anyone with knowledge of how to fix these, I could use your help. It runs great so I'm not too worried about it, I just want the damn lights off my cluster though.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Starting Member
DimeBlazr is on a distinguished road

There was a service bulletin on the secondary air injection system, a bad check valve could allow condensation/water into the system and seize or corrode the pump or solenoid valve, i would go after the solenoid, probably easy to test but dont know much about them anymore i assume this is a california emissions vehicle, havent seen any of that air injection crap here in iowa since the 90s.

On the 4Lo issue, ive had that before, they stick in that position becase it's not used very often, i actually had to take off my shift motor and shift the t-case with a 9/16 wrench and then put the shift motor back on, while i had it off i worked it in out of 4lo a bunch of times and never had any more problems, check your owners manual to make sure youre following the proper procedure for engaging 4lo though, i think you have to be under 3 MPH trans in neutral and then shift. A little Theory of operation: if you have auto option then your t-case has a clutch for 4Hi like an automatic transmisision that engages smoothly, nothing has to align or mesh, clutch just engages friction plates to lock in and make front output turn the same speed as rear, but 4 low has engage the low range planetary and match/mismatch rpms like a manual transmission, thats why you usually hear a clunk.

Brake ABS light can be a number of things, sometimes solder joints in the ABS control module come loose, sometimes its a bad wheel speed sensor or it could be simple like low fluid level in the reservoir.

Good luck, hope this helps!

Old 04-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Beginning Member

Nope. Good ole' Missouri. They don't pass cars with any check engine lights on no matter what. It was an issue till I erased the code and drove 150 miles then got it inspected. I do not know where the pump is actually located... I have tried figuring it out, but there is only videos on people having the problem, or fixing it with a fuse. I'll to do more research I guess.

I have been properly engaging the 4LO. It comes on like a hot knife through butter. It is just the out part. I check the brain box behind the passenger kick panel and clean as a whistle. I'll just keep playing with it until it obeys me I guess.

As for the Brake/ABS light, I took apart my CM and it is still in great condition. I guess it is a wheel speed sensor but that is nothing I know about. Fluid level is full.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:54 PM
Beginning Member

Also another issue that concerns me is a clicking sound coming from my front end. It ONLY happens when I am heavy accelerating. I have noticed it when I drive in the city and have to floor it to match traffic around me. It does it more when I am turning, but it does it no matter what direction I turn.