Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Well I only got 150k out of her...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

If I knew the tran mount was torn I would of ordered ES mount for it as well....just ordered the motor ES mounts(black BTW). lol I was like DANG it....so I am rocking a stock mount on it.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:37 PM

She is running! I pick her up here in a few hours.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:34 PM

She is back at home and running normal EXCEPT the selector square is no where to be found...having to go by instinct to know what gear I am in...also cruise control is inop now...hope it is just a unplugged sensor. I will be looking tomorrow after work.

She purrs beautiful and the OP is back at 50-60psi while driving WOOHOO. Temp stays at 195* without the assistance of fans. Temp was 70* with 60% humidity.

Old 09-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

They may have broken the park/neutral position switch...

Old 09-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Beginning Member
CaptainK is on a distinguished road

Your cruise control could be unplugged or you could have a vacuum line off somewhere. The "Cruise" light on the IP disappeared on mine but the cruise still works. Check the vacuum canister that is on the hood to make sure it is plugged in. It would be an easy one to forget since it is about the last thing after you put the hood on.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:39 PM

It was something simple...the retaining pin broke off. I just grabbed one from work and put it on. Cruise control is back to working.

However, this morning I cranked up to a failed TPS. That was fun driving to work then after work driving to Auto Zone. But it is fixed now.

I NEED that selector box to come back on as I am not the only that drives the vehicle...I do not need my fiance to get in with my two boys and accidentally go to the wrong gear. She tends to forget things so her having to remember something that she rarely does(drive my vehicle) I do not need it to slip her mind then the truck ends up going forward or backward into something or someone. I am going to get under and unplug the shift assembly on the side of the transmission and spray the connections with brake cleaner and let it dry out before I plug them back in. Probably got moisture in there due to the transmission got SOAKED with water and oil

Old 09-10-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
They may have broken the park/neutral position switch...
I will check this as well...tomorrow that way they can not say well you waited, etc. And send them the bill for the part. I am not driving an hour to the shop drop it off grab another rental then go back the following week just to pick it up. My work schedule does not leave me time to do that.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Starting Member
chcknugget is on a distinguished road

Man, that's a lot of coin to put into a blazer with trans thats not working right... In atlanta you could buy two good condition blazers for the same amount.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:01 PM

Reman trans is going in after the OT season is done at work. Going to do it myself to save a few coin. A lot less stress than a engine, and I rather do 100 transmission installs than do a bloody T-case on a stryker again...you have to take the truck fully apart pretty much.

Last edited by Silver00LT; 09-15-2011 at 06:04 PM.