Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Who knows about transmissions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Greghshepherd@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Default Who knows about transmissions?

Hello,

Changed my trans fluid the other day, and now it doesnt shift right.

Reverse feels a lil sluggish, enough that I noticed, and it will not pull out in Drive. Have to shift to 1 to pull back in driveway.

The only thing I can figure is a lil 1 x 1 square electronic thing dropped down while pan was dropped. Was dangling by a wire. I think I brushed it with my knuckle. IT WAS BARELY TOUCHED.. and I snapped it back in place.

Thinking it is a solenoid but know little about a trans.

I can NOT afford to take it in a shop unless its the only solution.

Any ideas??

2000 Blazer
4 Door
4WD

Old 02-26-2012, 10:06 PM
onebadsuv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Greghshepherd@yahoo.com
Hello,

1 x 1 square electronic thing dropped down while pan was dropped. Was dangling by a wire.

2000 Blazer
4 Door
4WD

Where at exactly was this dangler located ? Maybe You lost a check ball if a shift solenoid has one behind it ...

Last edited by onebadsuv; 02-26-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Greghshepherd@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road

Got it,,it was a shift solenoid.. and was dangling cuz the plastic part that pushes into the.. whatever it is.. broke off.

Thanks for the post onebadsuv...

Now I have to figure out why I suddenly have no dash or tail lights and why headlights are so dim. Oh, and that buzzing sound in the driver side dash. All started today. Man O man, every time I turn around there is an electrical issue..

Old 02-28-2012, 04:05 PM
onebadsuv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Greghshepherd@yahoo.com
Got it,,it was a shift solenoid.. and was dangling cuz the plastic part that pushes into the.. whatever it is.. broke off.

Thanks for the post onebadsuv...

Now I have to figure out why I suddenly have no dash or tail lights and why headlights are so dim. Oh, and that buzzing sound in the driver side dash. All started today. Man O man, every time I turn around there is an electrical issue..

No problem , glad to help ... the plastic broke off where it plugs into the valve body - they get brittle with time . You can often get a good used replacement from a transmission shop for next to nothing .

Check Your headlight/parking light switch and connections for the lighting issues - mine didn't "buzz" but had the same no light symptoms before I replaced it with a clean JY switch and dimmer assembly ... the contacts in these switches carry current and burn out over time and use ... I've heard relays buzz like You describe too .