Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Wire connector plug for distributor and

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 10:53 AM
Beginning Member
ThaDopeShow is on a distinguished road
Default Wire connector plug for distributor and

Ok I've just changed the gaskets on my 01 Chevy blazer ls 4.3l v6 and now I've put everything back together except 1 problem I forgot to plug the wire connector plug back into the distributor But I was able to plug that in now but my problem is there is another plug that comes out of the wire harness in the same place the distributor plug does that is a white oval plug with a light greenish color around the base of the plug and I cannot find out where it goes. The wire itself is a only about 5 inches long so I know where ever it plugs into can't be that far away but I can't seem to find out to where it goes

Old 01-17-2017, 11:45 AM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

It may be for your knock sensor. There are two types. Your plug doesn't look like the one for my knock sensor, so I can't swear to it. My knock sensor is located under the dizzy. Or it could be for your oil pressure sending unit, also under dizzy. Can't remember what the connector looks like.

Last edited by rockp2; 01-17-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:20 PM
Beginning Member
Default the wire is only 5 inches long so it has to plug in somewhere close, I've done taken

Originally Posted by rockp2
It may be for your knock sensor. There are two types. Your plug doesn't look like the one for my knock sensor, so I can't swear to it. My knock sensor is located under the dizzy. Or it could be for your oil pressure sending unit, also under dizzy. Can't remember what the connector looks like.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Looks like it may be for your oil pressure sensor which should be on the back of your intake possibly to the right of the distributor. Also do yourself a favor and replace that cap and rotor (plugs and wires to if they haven't been done recently) before you put everything back together.

Edit it should plug into the black "tube" looking part directly under it in your pic.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:25 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Looks like it may be for your oil pressure sensor which should be on the back of your intake possibly to the right of the distributor. Also do yourself a favor and replace that cap and rotor (plugs and wires to if they haven't been done recently) before you put everything back together.

Edit it should plug into the black "tube" looking part directly under it in your pic.
Thanks yes It was the oil pressure sending unit, I didn't even notice but the oil pressure sending unit plastic piece that the connector plug plugs into was broken off so I'm getting a new oil sending unit and socket to take off the old broke one, I'm gonna have to hold off on the new cap and rotor for a week or so because I've been spending a lot of money on my blazer lately but I do already have new spark plugs and wires but yes a new cap and rotor would help alot, I just got done replacing all the manifold gaskets and upper gaskets and and valve cover gaskets and put a new fuel injection spider in and that's when I got everything back together and seen I didn't have the connector plugged in but thanks alot for your help it saved me alot of trouble.

Last edited by ThaDopeShow; 01-17-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

No problem glad you got it figured out! I just did this exact same job on my son's truck a few days ago so I had a fresh memory of it lol! You will find the best prices on the cap and rotor on Amazon just an FYI.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:52 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by rexmburns
No problem glad you got it figured out! I just did this exact same job on my son's truck a few days ago so I had a fresh memory of it lol! You will find the best prices on the cap and rotor on Amazon just an FYI.
I actually went and got a new cap and rotor and put them on but now I got some misfire so I check my spark plug wires and the one that plugs in to #5 on the cap for some reason the metal connector is pushed way back and isn't even touching when I plug it into the cap and I think I have another one doing the same thing on the other side, I'm hoping that's the problem because I have new spark plug wires, see It starts up really rough misfiring but after I get it started it idles fine and runs good it's just when I start it up its messing up on me and the only thing I can think of is misfire, if anybody else has any opinion of what it could be ide like to hear what you think. Tomorrow I will be cleaning all my spark plugs and changing the spark plug wires then see if it starts ok. Thank again for your help.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:03 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

Check your codes and make sure you don't have a P1345. Would mean your dizzy is off a tooth.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:20 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by rockp2
Check your codes and make sure you don't have a P1345. Would mean your dizzy is off a tooth.
YES I just checked my obd2 and I'm getting P1345 code and not sure what to do.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Your distributor is installed wrong. Do a search for "cam retard" and you will find the procedure and what's required to get it set properly. You will go crazy trying to figure it out otherwise.

Edit: here's a good thread to check out https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...-retard-90496/

Edit#2 here's probably the most complete and detailed guide I've ever found regarding inhaling a distributor on a vortec motor http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/distributor.html

Last edited by rexmburns; 01-17-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Wire connector plug for distributor and