Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

Help!! Hub Assembly

Old 10-22-2010, 07:17 PM
theramb99 is on a distinguished road
Default Help!! Hub Assembly

Hello all, I'm a newbie on this site. I have a 87 full size Blaze and was wondering if anyone can help. Looking to put back together drivers side hub that someone took apart and cant finish the job. An exploded view would really help or any help from any one that knows about these hubs would be highly appreciated. Unsure from the outer wheel bearing and out. There are a couple of retainer rings, 2 washers 1 with a smal pin sticking out, a spring and of course the locking cap. Thanks Albert

Last edited by theramb99; 10-22-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Sorry should have read more and posted in correct forum.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:10 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

the one wierd nut with the pin sticking out is the next one you put on the bearing. make sure that little pin is sticking out towards you. snug the bearing down then back it off a little bit next you slide the washer with all the holes on. you have to line up one of those holes with that little pin. it sucks. sometimes youll get it on the first try other times itll take a bit of moving that nut looser a hair. next put the next bolt on and tighten it. then the inner hub followed by that big outer snap ring to hold it on then the outter lock out.

there might be little snap rings or a big spring in there too. those snap rings go somewhere on the axle shaft. youll see little notches for them, should be self explanatory. some are before the inner hub, some after. i swear every axle i tear apart is different.

heres a little crappy tear down guide i did a while back that might help. just read it in reverse i guess

http://www.midwestern4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549

Old 10-26-2010, 08:11 PM
theramb99 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Thank you for the info!!! ABig84

Originally Posted by abig84
the one wierd nut with the pin sticking out is the next one you put on the bearing. make sure that little pin is sticking out towards you. snug the bearing down then back it off a little bit next you slide the washer with all the holes on. you have to line up one of those holes with that little pin. it sucks. sometimes youll get it on the first try other times itll take a bit of moving that nut looser a hair. next put the next bolt on and tighten it. then the inner hub followed by that big outer snap ring to hold it on then the outter lock out.

there might be little snap rings or a big spring in there too. those snap rings go somewhere on the axle shaft. youll see little notches for them, should be self explanatory. some are before the inner hub, some after. i swear every axle i tear apart is different.

heres a little crappy tear down guide i did a while back that might help. just read it in reverse i guess

http://www.midwestern4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549
Thanks ABig84 for the reply and the link to the pics, sure they will be of help. On another note I'm glad I found this site, seem to be pretty kool. Trying to learn how to navigate around it thou, and I can understand why they are doing what there doing with the newbie's. I cant imagine the amount of jerks that must post. I'm definitely into 4x4 and my Blaze which is a project in the works but coming along. Anyway thanks much and when I'm aloud to instant chat maybe we can talk some more. I would like to add you to my friends list but not sure if I can yet. In do time I'll figure out the site, hopefully with out pissing off a bunch of people, lol. Take care, Thanks Al.