General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

03 blazer 4x4 issue help pls!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Starting Member
03blazerchick is on a distinguished road
Default 03 blazer 4x4 issue help pls!

Okay here's my issue it started a week ago I got stuck in my yard and I engaged my 4hi and heard the transfer case click I went to drive out and only my rear tires would spin and the front wouldn't so I tried 4lo and the same issue.... so I took it to my friends house put it on the lift and checked the front drive shaft to make sure it and spinning and it was. So I figured tge front axle actuator so I took off the battery and checked my actuator it seemed stuck a little and I unstuck it and it seemed to be leaking something so I put the battery back on thinking I needed a new actuator and I put it in 4hi ran fine heard the xfercase click then I put the truck in drive and it just stalls out. It didn't do that before I need help I'm going to change the actuator I just want expert opinions please much appreciated pls n thank you (:

Old 02-11-2014, 12:24 AM
Ummmwhat is on a distinguished road

That is the same thing that is happening to mine, if someone could help us out that would be great.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Starting Member

I fixed it the fluid leaking out was from the transfer case switch it was defective letting gear fluid in the vaccum lines I replaced the vaccum line behind my intake and replaced my front axle actuator under the battery tray and the transfer case switch BAM perfect 4x4 instant engage its perfect do the same if you want it fixed if you dont have a leak in ur line just run compressed air to clean the gear oil out

Old 02-11-2014, 06:06 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 03blazerchick
I fixed it the fluid leaking out was from the transfer case switch it was defective letting gear fluid in the vaccum lines I replaced the vaccum line behind my intake and replaced my front axle actuator under the battery tray and the transfer case switch BAM perfect 4x4 instant engage its perfect do the same if you want it fixed if you dont have a leak in ur line just run compressed air to clean the gear oil out
Sounds like you nailed it...good job (not sure about the stall part though).

Ummmwhat, see this thread (you can find fix-it threads like this in the DIY Tech part of the Forum): https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-a...ill-help-7180/

Old 02-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 03blazerchick
You will also want to pull the fill plug on the transfer case and check the fluid level. The reason I say this is because fluid getting into the vacuum lines is caused by two problems occurring at the same time.

#1 is a failed o-ring inside the vacuum switch on the transfer case which you have already remedied.

#2 is a failed input seal on the front of the transfer case allowing transmission fluid to migrate into the transfer case, over filling it.

If #2 is left alone, you'll be right back to #1 in no time.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
You will also want to pull the fill plug on the transfer case and check the fluid level. The reason I say this is because fluid getting into the vacuum lines is caused by two problems occurring at the same time.

#1 is a failed o-ring inside the vacuum switch on the transfer case which you have already remedied.

#2 is a failed input seal on the front of the transfer case allowing transmission fluid to migrate into the transfer case, over filling it.

If #2 is left alone, you'll be right back to #1 in no time.
Appriciate it I also checked the fluid and indeed the switch was bad I'm all set thanks for the help guys (: