General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

2 Badging questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 02:17 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default 2 Badging questions

1. I want to debadge my 98 4 door, what should i do with the trim, as well as whats the BEST way to remove everything?

2. zr2 was only a two door option, but looking at some dealership vehicles that are missing all badges, how can I tell if its a zr2 other than the glovebox? And what is the code in the glovebox for a zr2?

Stopping on my way back to school to look at two different two doors... both tan/light golden... one is 3.3k and the other price is unlisted... hopefully one works...

Old 11-01-2009, 03:35 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

The ZR2's came stock with the larger fenders and a 2" BL. Of course, this could have all been added aftermarket so really you'd have to go by the coding...and I don't know what is what when it comes to that lol.
As for debadging, if you have that ugly door trim I'd take it all off with the badge. Use a heat gun and heat it up really good, then you can either peel it off or for easier and better results use some fishing line to "slice" it off. After you get the trim off is when the fun starts. Use something like goo gone (that is definitely the best idea though) and get ready to scrub. It takes a while to remove all the extra leftover goo and tape.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:16 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Thanks... Looked at one zr2, 98 with 130k on her for 4500, and after a bit of talking the guy said he would be able to do 4000, but after closer inspection and looking under the fenders, she has been driven HARD, with some broken pieces under her body and the under side of the flares cracked to hell... Calling about the other 2dr tomorrow, but it looked damn nice from the road, but once you get within 4 feet you can see it... lol