General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Actual Milage

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 03:11 PM
94BlazerPA is on a distinguished road
Default Actual Milage

With all the broken digital dash's getting replaced with different ones that are re-built. Is there a way to tell if your dash has been replaced or not? I just bought the truck a week ago and I was just wondering if my milage is correct, I only have 90k on it. The guy I bought it from said it was orginal. I'll be thrilled if thats orginal miles for a 16 year old truck. Thanks

Old 05-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

The hoest (and most places legal) way to record the mileage is to affix a sticker on the driver side door or frame with the actual mileage and current odometer mileage and date. Personally, I really don't care with something that's 15 years old. I take all that with a grain of salt anyway. It's more about condition and if it's been "rode hard and put up wet" (read THRASHED) that would concern me. I know some guys that could reset about any odometer even the "foolproof" ones if they wanted to. So, no you really don't know. But I guess your truck was driven about 5,000 miles per year, right? Really believe that? Not sayiing it's not possible but here in Texas it's not uncommon to see people roll up 20,000 miles per year.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:25 PM
94BlazerPA is on a distinguished road

yeah I know about driving it alot. Before I got the truck, I drove the wifes van alot and we could easily rack up 20-25k a year. Yeah I guess your right about it being 15 years old, everything is so old in just age it doesnt really matter about condition. you end up replacing enough parts thats its almost brand new.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The DMV also has mileage discrepancy filings that you can do if you change out the cluster.