General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

AEM air intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 08:20 PM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AEM air intake

Coming tomorrow. I've heard trouble with it fitting, and I've heard it fits like a glove. Hopefully it goes in quick and easy. I have work at 5, and last time I got my push bar I started installing it around 2PM and ended up being a half hour late for work.

I heard it has trouble fitting on older model Blazers, but newer model Blazers it goes right in.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: AEM air intake

I was going to buy the one you posted, but I didnt ave a credit card. You got it for a great price!

If your worried about it fitting then start a little earlier. then once you get it installed post pics and tell us how it works so I can go buy one.

How hard was it to install your push bar? Mine comes monday.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:19 PM

I'm starting as soon as it gets to my house, which I don't know when..
But I'll def post pics.

The push bar took a while. The problem is you have to remove the front grille and get out old rusty screws, especially the bumper mounts. They're torque screws and mine were rusted as hell. I almost ripped them apart trying to get them out. It also took me a long time trying to find the screws to remove the grille, then once I put the grille back on I snapped 2 of the clips off, so be careful with that.
I think that was just my fault because I was rushing.
The bottom mounts go onto the screws under the skidplate, those went on real easy.
I recommend once you get the top mounts on that attach to the bumper, you put those on first. Then attatch the push bar to them while they're already on the truck.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:05 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

The CIA is very easy to install. Just the heat shield is a pain. Just becareful when removing sensors off the factory intake.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:59 AM

Well I got it on, the heat shield was a pain, but not as much of a pain as the black piece that has to get screwed down. That took forever to get all 3 screws on evenly and tighten all the way. Besides that, that back screw that you had to sperate was a pain. The screw was rusted together real good. Then I finally got it in with a tight squeeze, and the service engine soon light went on. It's been on ever since. I'm about to take it to my mechanic tomorrow and have him bring up the code for the error.

Other than that..the truck sounds awesome. Louder and more aggressive, and you can hear the suction. I started my truck up about an hour ago coming home from my friends. It was really quiet so I could hear my engine, and with the cold start you could really heard it sucking. It sounded nice.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:05 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

C'mon man, let's see it!

Old 12-08-2007, 02:15 AM

Haha, I'll get pictures of it tomorrow. I was gonna take pictures of it but the camera died. I turned it on and it just went out.
I'll get videos, too.
I just need the time to do it. I'm working all day.
AND, I have to get this Service Engine Soon error checked out..

Old 12-08-2007, 10:35 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: dimmuborgir6nik6

...that back screw that you had to sperate was a pain. The screw was rusted together real good...
the screw on the back of the throttle body? that also took me quite a few trys to get it apart... i didnt have any wrench or pliers that were thin enough with good enough grip to hold it down with

also, are you sure you plugged in all the sensors properly? after i first installed mine, i forgot to plug everything back in and the SES light came on. the SES light went off a few minutes after i plugged them in

Old 12-08-2007, 11:54 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I plugged them in right. I just got back from my autobody, he cleared the SES light and it came back on about a minute later. Me and my dad just reinstalled the entire air intake. Took it off and put it back on. SES light is still on. I noticed when I first turned the battery on, the SES light blinked once and then stayed on. When I turned the key again it didn't blink, it just went on.
I guess it's because it's reading a higher inflow, and higher temperatures.
My mechanic brought up the errors and they just said
Higher temperature than normal and Higher voltage. I also think it had something for the different amount of inflow.