General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Aftermarket interior lighting

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 11:01 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tibby
Thanks Rotti! Yeah, it has the compartment, usually I store sunglasses or cd's or something up there haha. And yeah, the lights are moveable, but they prefer not to be moved too often. If you move them a certain way, I guess the connection inside don't touch and they cut off.

And Gio, btw, just wanted to say that you are almost out of fuel! lol
Thanks that's the info I wanted. Maybe I'll go to the wreckers & see if I can find a console like that. Everything should be plug-n-play with possibly the exception of the molex connection, but our both display the same info & have the same # of lights. Wait a second, where are the maps lights located? Mine are on the overhead console along with the dome, temp, direction etc. Yours seem to be somewhere else.

And about the fuel!

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-22-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:13 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Thanks that's the info I wanted. Maybe I'll go to the wreckers & see if I can find a console like that. Everything should be plug-n-play with possibly the exception of the molex connection, but our both display the same info & have the same # of lights. Wait a second, where are the maps lights located? Mine are on the overhead console along with the dome, temp, direction etc. Yours seem to be somewhere else.

And about the fuel!
lol

These are the front two map lights.

These are the back two map lights.

The compartment is in the middle on the other side of the dome light and there is another compartment before that, that I think houses wires. (aka the weird looking button in the first pic)

Last edited by tibby; 01-22-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:17 PM
BF Veteran

Oh ok cool, It is one entire unit though? Because I was already figuring out if they were 2 seperate consoles how I'd wire them up lol.

Thanks!

<edit> I'm sofaking stupid lol.
<&^%#> <--- Insert four letter word there! DERRRRRR While I was thinking about making a paper template to make sure the roof curves were the same or at least really close I just realized it's not going to work - I have a moon roof!

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-22-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:29 PM
Default .

Oh ok cool, It is one entire unit though? Because I was already figuring out if they were 2 seperate consoles how I'd wire them up lol.

Thanks!

<edit> I'm sofaking stupid lol.
<&^%#> <--- Insert four letter word there! DERRRRRR While I was thinking about making a paper template to make sure the roof curves were the same or at least really close I just realized it's not going to work - I have a moon roof!
LOL! Wanna trade? I have the long console instead of a moon roof. But heck, I'd take that moon roof any day of the week lol.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:33 PM
BF Veteran

lol I was thinking of offering it in trade as a joke. But I love it in the summer & mild winter days. Plus it's great for flipping people off!

Hmmm I wonder how odd it would look with a '96 overhead console across the center of the moon roof? lol

Old 01-22-2012, 11:37 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

hmm i think i really better go to bed i think im seeing rotti saying he wants to put an overhead console over his moon roof

NIGHT ~!

Old 01-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Default .

lol I was thinking of offering it in trade as a joke. But I love it in the summer & mild winter days. Plus it's great for flipping people off!

Hmmm I wonder how odd it would look with a '96 overhead console across the center of the moon roof? lol
You're making me jealous! lol. I like "waving" at people and the moon roof might make that a little easier! I wonder how hard of a conversion it would be to convert from my full console to a moon roof. Hmmm....

Old 01-22-2012, 11:42 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Easy to convert it

Step 1

Ok for real now night (imma wait for the next post )

Old 01-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
Easy to convert it

Step 1

Ok for real now night (imma wait for the next post )
Ok, two things.

I have to get rid of this certain number post, it is bad luck.

And two, where is the best place to get a sawzall? I just need a cheap sawzall to trim the lower valence a tad bit. Craigslist?

Old 01-22-2012, 11:54 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by tibby
Ok, two things.

I have to get rid of this certain number post, it is bad luck.

And two, where is the best place to get a sawzall? I just need a cheap sawzall to trim the lower valence a tad bit. Craigslist?

yea you can do a way better job with a dremel tho imo

any ways night for realz

Quick Reply: Aftermarket interior lighting