General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Is it all in my head?? I think I like the spacers..

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 07:32 PM
Starting Member
don james is on a distinguished road
Default Is it all in my head?? I think I like the spacers..

After I got the lower intake all back together and running well, I got to go back to doing the things that I like to do.........experimenting .....

I bought a set of hubcentric spacers for the back .....1.25".....I was kind of on the fence about spacers, but I like the look, [I am probably the only one who notices :-)] and I think that they actually give me a little more stability in turns and dips .......It could be all in my head, I'll have to put it through a few more courses ...

the only way to find out is to try them.........I will recheck the torque in a few more miles.....

I also put a short walker glass pack on before the intake crapped out on me........and it seems to me that my gas mileage could be a little better??? I have not filled since i did all the work.......so I hope i get a little surprise

Old 10-07-2017, 07:37 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Got any pics? I'm interested to see the difference

Old 10-07-2017, 08:43 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Theoretically, the spacers "should" add more stability. How much probably can't be felt by the seat of one's britches. And you are probably right, you will be the only one who notices. I put them on my Blazer a few years back and I still notice. Nobody else does.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:37 AM
Starting Member

hey
chevy,

there is not a lot to see, it just brings the rear out even with the front, I have yet to see how the splash will go on the outside, I may have to add flaps...

Attached Thumbnails Is it all in my head?? I think I like the spacers..-imgp0012.jpg   Is it all in my head?? I think I like the spacers..-imgp0013.jpg  
Old 10-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Starting Member

Aj,

Are all the aspens bare yet or is there still some color in your country???......I have to deliver my motor home to the buyer this week, then we plan on taking a trip up 9 to winter park and frazer.......I'm kinda thinking we are a little late......;-)

Old 10-08-2017, 08:48 AM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Thanks Don, the rear wheel being recessed further than the front is bothering me on my jimmy so I was curious just how far it brings the wheel out. Looks like just the right amount.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:37 AM
Starting Member

you'll get differing opinions between 1.5 and 1.25, I thought the 1.25 would be better to try first, and i think I'll just stay with them.....

I actually think that it makes the whole vehicle look bigger.......??

Old 10-08-2017, 02:44 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

I have 1.25's on mine right now and I want to try 1.5's... Don't get me wrong, I agree, the 1.25's made all the difference in the world and it looks a TON better with them, but I still don't think it's quite even with the front...

As far as stability, in theory yes it should make it more stable, but is it actually noticeable when driving? That I dunno lol. It's no race car, I don't try and take corners fast, so I'll probably never push it that hard on pavement to test it...

Old 10-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Starting Member

I have 13 impala ltz with the 3.6, over 300 horses they say, and i believe it.......it also has the stiff suspension.......I especially notice the rock and roll from the blazer the first time i drive it, after a long trip in the imp.

I'm anxious to see if there is any difference in traction in the snow....because of the trac difference........ I hear that i won't be anxious for long....snow is coming soon

Old 10-08-2017, 07:06 PM
ohyeahjay is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought the 1.5" and hopefully will have them installed this week so I'll post pictures and driving experience

Quick Reply: Is it all in my head?? I think I like the spacers..