General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Is it all in my head?? I think I like the spacers..

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Starting Member
don james is on a distinguished road

After a couple hundred miles of hiway, around town, and rough mt. roads, I think I would absolutely recommend these spacers to anyone with these little blazers........

The main thing for me is that they have taken the most of the roll out when going down the uneven roads..........especially at hiway speeds......I was ready to pull my new shocks and replace them with a much heavier shock....just to get rid of the roll.......

Maybe a good analogy, [to the extreme in this case] would be the old three wheel atv's.......only in reverse ;-)............I don't know???.........but, i do know that they are staying on as long as i drive it.......

Old 11-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Starting Member
Captain Kirk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
I have 1.25's on mine right now and I want to try 1.5's...
Got to ask; if u get 1.5s what ya gonna do with other ones?

Old 07-19-2018, 01:00 PM
Starting Member

Maybe I should have started a new thread, but I'll give this a shot......

I like what the 1.25 spacers did for the ride and control, much better than what I started with [stock]

I have a need to experiment, again, I'm thinking of putting the 1.25 spacers in the front and either 1.5 or 1.75 in the rear.....does anyone have this setup?? and 1.5 or 1.75??

Old 07-27-2018, 11:04 AM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by don james
Maybe I should have started a new thread, but I'll give this a shot......

I like what the 1.25 spacers did for the ride and control, much better than what I started with [stock]

I have a need to experiment, again, I'm thinking of putting the 1.25 spacers in the front and either 1.5 or 1.75 in the rear.....does anyone have this setup?? and 1.5 or 1.75??
Newguy had a truck with 1.5" up front and 2" in the back. He reported no issues.

Old 07-28-2018, 07:58 AM
Starting Member

thanks
I've got the 1.5's on the way...........

Old 07-28-2018, 10:41 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Newguy had a truck with 1.5" up front and 2" in the back. He reported no issues.
Yes no problems at all

Old 08-03-2018, 11:47 AM
Starting Member

So 1.5's on rear and 1.25 on front............have not really tested to see any difference yet.......I think I will try to take some measurements to see what the width difference is in this setup.......I'ts hard for me to stand back and see.......must be because if the body curves????

Old 08-09-2018, 02:14 AM
Starting Member
TonyZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point

1.5" front and 2" back? I think I'm getting excited.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:35 AM
Starting Member

I'm planning a 200 mile round trip in the mountains today, that should tell me if i want to keep the 1.25's on the front, I'm only wanting to get rid of the "rock and roll" ..........so far the only difference is a little stiffer steering........If i can't feel any control difference I will probably take the front spacers off and just go with the 1.5"s in the rear..and none in the front..........The rear spacers make a big difference in the rock and roll for me.........

Old 08-09-2018, 01:53 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

I have 1.25" spacers on order that I'll be installing on the rear. I did not want to mess with the front which could mess with the turning and suspension geometry having already done a 2" lift. From my research the 1.25" will bring the rear tires out to the same width as the front plus about a tenth of an inch and are not too thin so that the studs would have to be modified

Quick Reply: Is it all in my head?? I think I like the spacers..