General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Is it all in my head?? I think I like the spacers..

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 09:28 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by don james
Aj,

Are all the aspens bare yet or is there still some color in your country???......I have to deliver my motor home to the buyer this week, then we plan on taking a trip up 9 to winter park and frazer.......I'm kinda thinking we are a little late......;-)
About half the trees up here are bare and the others are losing their leaves but still have color. I'm guessing in lower elevations the aspens should still be in color. I'm at 9100 feet.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Starting Member
don james is on a distinguished road

we took a ride today to the south and there is still plenty of color going on there.......my sis in law reported 8" in frazer already.....they have a very short summer up there......banana belt here ;-)

Old 10-09-2017, 12:31 AM
Starting Member
Captain Kirk is on a distinguished road

Ignorance is about to rear its ugly head....lol. When adding the spacers; are they bolted to the hub and then the wheel and tire are mounted on the spacer? Are they very expensive?
Thnx

Old 10-09-2017, 12:49 AM
Starting Member

if you buy make sure they are hub centric

Amazon Amazon

Old 10-10-2017, 10:14 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Captain Kirk
Ignorance is about to rear its ugly head....lol. When adding the spacers; are they bolted to the hub and then the wheel and tire are mounted on the spacer? Are they very expensive?
Thnx

You are correct. The spacers bolt to the axle hub, then the wheel will bolt to the spacer.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:17 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

We got about 4" of snow yesterday, most of it gone already today. Come next month the snow will stick around until March or April.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:56 PM
ohyeahjay is an unknown quantity at this point

What did you torque them to, same as the wheel torque?

Old 10-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Starting Member

My torque wrench is almost as old as i am, that said, I torque to 100 fp., That is a pretty comfortable torque for me to do accurately, The most important thing in my opinion is to get them all the same.......

AJ.........We got a very light dusting yesterday also, but mostly rain ........I am now waiting for a radiator and hoses for that @@@#@#!# blazer, maybe by monday we'll be ready to head up to frazer for a couple of days.......

Old 10-12-2017, 07:58 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I don't think it's in your head at all... I got a lead foot. I installed 1.25" on the rear to equal out the front. I think 1.5s would've been better but I like the way it sits... I feel the difference going 5p km/h going around corners, just coming out of the driveway I feel a LOT LESS wobble. And since I put my s10 offsets it's even less...

Old 10-13-2017, 06:18 PM
ohyeahjay is an unknown quantity at this point

all installed, this picture shows driver side done and the passenger side not installed for comparison

Attached Thumbnails Is it all in my head?? I think I like the spacers..-img_1116.jpg   Is it all in my head?? I think I like the spacers..-img_1117.jpg  

Quick Reply: Is it all in my head?? I think I like the spacers..