General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

anyone else have this problem?

Old 12-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Beginning Member
philip_king is on a distinguished road
Default anyone else have this problem?

after much searching i've found that several people have had problems with the rear wiper fluid lines leaking but i haven't found anyone with my problem. in my case the fluid is leaking inside the rear tailgate. i tried taking the paneling off but can't get to the fluid line. anyone ever have problems with this? if so, any suggestions? i can't even keep fluid in the tank cause it just flows out through the hole in the rear. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:19 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

if its leaking from the top panel you will have a small job ahead of you.
open the hatch, pop off the top molding plastic. you will have to detach the cargo area light....
now trace the tube from the rear driver's side pillar (d pillar maybe?) over to where it feeds up to the spout. you should have found the loose connection in the 2-3' run.

a fitting coming loose, or the hose cracking/tearing at the flex point would be my guess as you your probelm. good luck in the fix

Old 12-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Beginning Member

i have a drop down gate so it's not quit as easy as the above explanation. the glass goes up and the tailgate has the wiper and spray tube on it. if it went through the top the i probably would have found the problem but it doesn't. like i said before i pulled the metal panel that is underneath the molding off the other day and it doesn't provide any access to the inner area where the leak is. it's as if i have to take the entire tailgate apart to get to it, and i don't think i can just put it back together when i'm done.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:54 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

damn man, I'm sorry i skimmed your post and now it's biting me in the @$$. your = wasted. sorry

Old 12-04-2009, 04:21 AM
Beginning Member

it's cool man, like i said, i appreciate all the help i can get and who knows, someone else might read it and be able to use it to fix their prob.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:08 AM
Starting Member
Bad Attitude is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by philip_king
after much searching i've found that several people have had problems with the rear wiper fluid lines leaking but i haven't found anyone with my problem. in my case the fluid is leaking inside the rear tailgate. i tried taking the paneling off but can't get to the fluid line. anyone ever have problems with this? if so, any suggestions? i can't even keep fluid in the tank cause it just flows out through the hole in the rear. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mine had the same problem when you drop the tailgate there is a plastic moulding, pry this off and there is a small opening that allows access to the washer line and some wiring in there is an inline connector for the rear washer that popped apart allowing the fluid to leak out all the time

Old 12-08-2009, 04:53 AM
Beginning Member

i tried to find the line running through there but i couldn't seem to find an opening where i could see them. is it located in the center or to the side? i think i may not have pulled enough dynamat to find all the openings.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:29 AM
Starting Member
Bad Attitude is on a distinguished road

The opening is in the middle it is kind of fiddly to get into but long nose pliers will reach the washer hose, I didn't have to lift any matting in my truck just pop off the plastic strip. I can post a pic tomorrow if you want

Old 12-08-2009, 07:03 AM
Beginning Member

no it's fine i think i know which one your talking about. the previous owner put a bunch of dynamat in the truck to help with sound deadening cause he had two 15's. thats what i was talking about, it's not factory installed. i just hope thats where the problem is, and that i can fix it.