General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Awesome 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 12:51 AM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough
Default Awesome 4x4

gotta check this out
http://www.americantracktruck.com/index.php?page=videos

and they can be installed on most 4x4 vehichles

Old 01-14-2011, 10:30 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Yeah, but its not practical for most poeple because Im betting they dont just bolt onto the wheel hub... Or do they? It would be great if you could take them on your trailer and just use a jack to swap them, but Im betting its more complicated than that.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:57 AM
BigBlockBlazer is on a distinguished road

MattTracks have been out for almost 10 years now.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:33 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

A few years back someone joined the forum to post a link to their ebay ad where they were selling a Blazer with the snow tracks installed. I wish I could find the pics I had saved from the auction page :/

Old 01-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Priced mattracks last year...$25 000

Old 01-14-2011, 04:08 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by okiedoak20
gotta check this out
http://www.americantracktruck.com/index.php?page=videos

and they can be installed on most 4x4 vehichles
this isn't the first time they've been brought up on the forum. kinda cool to have a set, but i'd have to have a truck just for those. 'cause there's no way in hell i'd be taking the (aprox) 1 hour to change over to them, whenever i felt like trackin' through the swamp/bush/field.

Originally Posted by Logan
Priced mattracks last year...$25 000
AYFS?!!!!

they were only $8K (US) last year.

guess that steep price last year wasn't so steep after all!

which really does suck Logan-'cause they'd look freakin' awsome on your ZR, now that you've done the SAS.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

??? I think thats what it was... ill try find the email.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:25 PM
att
Starting Member
att is on a distinguished road

Track Kits

Mattracks do run 25k-ish on up. It is a very heavy duty system, like 400lbs per track so adding about 1.5k weight to a vehicle made from proprietary parts.

Our kits, AmericanTrackTruck, run 8k ish depending on type of setup, 170 lbs per track so 680lbs total weight and all the wear parts are standard snowmobile parts(bogies, tracks, slides). Way cheaper then the other options(Mattracks or dedicated groomers) and do a great job at grooming and remote location access. These are bolt on no mod kits, see the photo gallery for the Alaska trip on our website.

Being locked in to expensive parts and service after spending a bundle on a grooming system is just not practical for most people or clubs. ATT has been working on getting certified state by state to qualify our equipment for the grants clubs use to buy grooming gear.

You can always visit out website for more track trucks information or other questions.