General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Bad Day to Drive

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 10:25 PM
TheBlue Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Bad Day to Drive

I just had one of my un-luckiest days driving in my 15 years behind the wheel. Im in my 2000 Chevy Blazer 2dr, this is my first and only Blazer and I love it, but like an idiot I locked my keys in the car. But then like a bigger idiot I tried prying open the littler side window the vent window with my hand. Thinking I can go inside the walmart im stuck at and buy something to jury rig it, or pop it open and slide my hand thru.... Well it shatters, the entire glass I get cut up a little bit but I get my keys. Just to save money on calling a locksmith now I'm going to have to pay triple the cost.

About 4 hours later right in front of my house, another idiot backs into the side of my Blazer, as im pulling up the curb severely denting the driver side door (the door only opens halfway now) the Frames Fine but he was in a GMC Sierra the dudes bumper was bent in a lil bit, and he had a small scratch on his tailgate where he lightly scratched my side mirror. A lot of **** followed tha,t but after I got off the phone with the insurance company, I know im in the waiting game now.

My Blazer was beautiful yesterday now it feels like my baby got beat up, partly by me partly by another idiot.

It was a bad day to drive

Old 05-02-2015, 12:37 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Sad for you but maybe you could get the insurance to write the glass and the door as one job. Be careful as these trucks get older they become worth less to the insurance co and more to us.

Old 05-02-2015, 05:33 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

get the totaled money and fix it yourself