General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer pulls expedition out of the snow

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 10:53 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough
Default Blazer pulls expedition out of the snow

Yesterday I was up skiing and after moste of the people had left the mountain I decided to head back to the truck and leave. When im walking through the parkinglot some guy comes up to me and asks if I had a tow rope and if I could help pull his friend out of the foot of slushy snow he decided to drive into so I said sure and drove to were he was. When I got there I hooked my rope up to his and my tow hitch and he goes I don't think you will have the pulling power or traction to get me out of here, so I just said ok and hoped into my truck locked it in 4lo, stomped on it and drug him out of the hole befor he could get his foot on the gas. Just another story of a chevy rescuing a ford. I think it's funny (snow tires helped me alot tho)

Old 12-15-2010, 12:13 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

lol sweeeeet!!!

Old 12-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Beginning Member
BLOND1WD is an unknown quantity at this point

I so enjoy a good "in your face" story. Love it!

Old 12-15-2010, 04:50 PM
DoubleSh0t is on a distinguished road

Love it. My dad had a Silverado, it was the V8 but still the 1500 model. He pulled a dually Ford with a 15' trailer attached to it out of the mud. Didn't even need to use 4LO, 4HI got it right out with no wheelspin.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:54 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

Last year we had a terrible snowstorm. and i saw a little lowered eclipse in the between the north and south bound lanes.(he had slid from facing northbound to being facing southbound and closer o southbound) theres was an expediton there yanking on it a dodge ram on the southbound side......and i pulled up on the north bound side.... they said oh if the diesel expediton wouldnt get it you cant.... .... one tug on it..with out even hurting it pulled it free ... with out 4by4 engaged...

Old 12-16-2010, 02:18 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

well in scouts we have this 8x12 trailer that weighs at least 6000 pounds with all our gear in it
my dad pulls it with his 04 silverado 2wd with the 5.3
well we camped one time and got an unexpected 5 inchs of snow and some ice
well our dumb selfs parked it in a ditch type area, where there was a steep incline to the gravel road
this 4x4 ford tried pulling it out before my dad came to pick it up
the ford couldnt get it out but my dad came, hooked it up, and pulled it out
2wd with a locker and bfg all terrains makes a good combo lol

Old 12-16-2010, 08:49 PM
AuSSenseiter is on a distinguished road

Oh the stories I could tell!!! Heres the readers digest version of the best 2. First (and most recent) was when I got woke up at midnight by a neighbor who hung his new F350, super duty, diesel, lifted blah blah blah, on a sand bar in the middle of the woods. My dad and I go out there with his Gypsy and hook up. Well, we moved him a little but couldnt free him. BUT what we did end up doing was ripping the rear bumper THROUGH the frame!!!!!!!! Yea, interesting night. He ended up calling a wrecker who got him unstuck and then the wrecker got stuck!!! My neighbor unstuck the wrecker so they called it a wash.
The other story is many years earlier when my dad was trying to back his semi into a loading dock when the road gave way. So here dad was, one side of his duals hanging in the air, loaded trailer nearly on its side, and in front of a ferd custom shop. Natch, he calls grandpa who shows up with his K5, hooks up the chains, and tells dad that when he felt the slack tighten to floor it. Well, the chains tightened, dad floored it, and the K5 squated as low as it would go. Sure enough, that lil K5 walked the semi out of the hole and there wasnt a single ford guy anywhere to be found!!!