General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer replacement vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 05:04 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Blazer replacement vehicle?

If I remember right, it's supposed to be shorter than the H3...

Old 01-19-2008, 05:37 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio

i will stick with the H1. we are thinking about picking one up as the farm/hunting rig.
My first choice would be an H1 but the last guy I talked to locally that had a decent one says he had to get it from the states, and he paid $100,000 for it.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:57 PM
HeyYou is an unknown quantity at this point

Hummer/GM stopped producing the H1. The public outcry about an 8000 lb. vehicle, that got 9mpg on diesel, was just too much. That, and the price of fuel going over 3 bucks a gallon.... spelled doom for the H1. Last production year was 2006, I think, and a well equipped (adventure package) H1, listed at right around 146,000 dollars, american.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:53 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

That, and the H1 is made for short people.

There's no leg room. At all. I don't know how the Governator manages to drive one, lol.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: HeyYou

OOooooo. The first officer wholeheartedly concurrs.... That is very sharp. Just hope it is not under powered like the H3.
AHAHAHAHAH h2 and h3 dont even desrver the hummer name, i watched a video, not online but one tv about them (im just reporting wat i saw, dont get angry at me) when the h1 can basicly go on any terrian and up to i think like 60 degree slopes, the h2 couldnt make it over a 3 foot snow bank

the h1 is the ultimate STOCK offroading machine, it has full underplating, but its not plating, its large 1" thick tubes that form a very tight "under" roll cage, the engine is in the middle of it (which is why there is very minimal leg room) so the cog(centerof gravitiy) is extremely low, plus they have a transmission and trnasfer case with so many different types of gears for everything. some as stock can go up to basicly neck level in water, have special tires that can deflate and inflate on the move

the h2 is to heavy (and i think hummer made them for "pimping")

Old 01-19-2008, 06:57 PM

please delete

Old 01-19-2008, 07:25 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

i just did some reading on this...

The 304-horsepower 3.6-liter V6 engine is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission and is E85 capable.

With unmistakable Hummer design characteristics, the two-door vehicle has a convertible body that can be adapted to off-road conditions. Two removable roof panels allow for an open-air driving experience and the modular rear roof assembly can be removed as well.

Different rear roof assemblies allow the HX Concept to be configured as a sport-utility truck (SUT) with the roof assembly removed, a slant-back or a traditional SUV design with a larger covered cargo area.

The HX Concept on display was configured as a slant-back design with the removable fender flares and doors in place. The doors can be quickly removed by pulling pins in the exposed hinges, and the composite fenders are attached with quarter-turn quick-release fasteners to allow easy removal for narrow trails or rock climbing.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:40 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

that looks kool as hell

Old 01-19-2008, 10:25 PM
HeyYou is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Tippman7641

OOooooo. The first officer wholeheartedly concurrs.... That is very sharp. Just hope it is not under powered like the H3.
AHAHAHAHAH h2 and h3 dont even desrver the hummer name, i watched a video, not online but one tv about them (im just reporting wat i saw, dont get angry at me) when the h1 can basicly go on any terrian and up to i think like 60 degree slopes, the h2 couldnt make it over a 3 foot snow bank

the h1 is the ultimate STOCK offroading machine, it has full underplating, but its not plating, its large 1" thick tubes that form a very tight "under" roll cage, the engine is in the middle of it (which is why there is very minimal leg room) so the cog(centerof gravitiy) is extremely low, plus they have a transmission and trnasfer case with so many different types of gears for everything. some as stock can go up to basicly neck level in water, have special tires that can deflate and inflate on the move

Agreed. The reviews of the H2 basically said it sucked when it came out, and called it a "Rebodied Chevy Pickup", which it is..... The H3.... doesn't have enough power to get out of it's own way.

Friend: "Hey man, give it some gas, let's get going, it ain't ours, let's beat on it."

Me: "I AM Beating on it. You just can't tell."

Old 01-19-2008, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Tippman7641

Agreed. The reviews of the H2 basically said it sucked when it came out, and called it a "Rebodied Chevy Pickup", which it is..... The H3.... doesn't have enough power to get out of it's own way.

Friend: "Hey man, give it some gas, let's get going, it ain't ours, let's beat on it."

Me: "I AM Beating on it. You just can't tell."
h1
me: o damn we just went striat up this hill then over the 4 foot deep gulley