General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

blazer steering column

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 03:15 PM
larrysnider is on a distinguished road
Default blazer steering column

I am looking for a wiring diagram for the 48 pin column connector on a 1999 chev blazer. I am installing this in a 1946 chev p/u nd want to connect my harness to the male end {chassis} side of the plug. i c an't match the wiring to any gm wiring diagrams so far. Does anyone have a diagram that tells me which Pin no. to connect to?

Old 03-21-2019, 03:24 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by larrysnider
I am looking for a wiring diagram for the 48 pin column connector on a 1999 chev blazer. I am installing this in a 1946 chev p/u nd want to connect my harness to the male end {chassis} side of the plug. i c an't match the wiring to any gm wiring diagrams so far. Does anyone have a diagram that tells me which Pin no. to connect to?
PM me. I might be able to help. I should be able to get back to you this weekend. Let me if you have a tilt column or any other specs on it so I can get you the info you need.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:31 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

The problem I think you're going to run into is that the info you need is spread over a bunch of different wiring diagrams. You need the one for the exterior lights, the wipers, the horn, the airbags, etc.

I just tried to look them up and that is what I found. I can't find a diagram for that connector specifically. Hopefully, Christine has something.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:39 PM

yes it is a tilt column, I,m not sure what other info you require. Let me know if there is anything else.

Larry

Old 03-23-2019, 07:23 PM
BF Veteran

I've attached the pin-out for the plug that is labeled as "C211 (Body Harness to Steerring column Harness)." It is from my 1999 GM Service Manual.

Let me know if this works for you.

Attached Files
Old 03-23-2019, 07:55 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Nice! My wiring diagrams, unfortunately, don't show it that way.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:43 AM

At first glance it looks pretty close. I'm not sure my column is from a 1999 but is from around that model year. A couple of locations have a different colour wire and hopefully I'll be able to figure it out from here. What manual did you get this from??. I looked at a bunch of different manuals but never found this. Thank you very much for the help.

Larry

Old 03-25-2019, 02:40 PM
BF Veteran

At first glance it looks pretty close. I'm not sure my column is from a 1999 but is from around that model year. A couple of locations have a different colour wire and hopefully I'll be able to figure it out from here. What manual did you get this from??. I looked at a bunch of different manuals but never found this. Thank you very much for the help.

Larry
Larry,

Those pages were from my 1999 GM Service Manual for the S/T trucks. I was able to purchase it off of eBay. It comes in three volumes, each the size of a good-sized phone book.