General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazers are CRAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:06 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PCallen
People who drive disposable cars (ie: SATURN'S) shouldnt comment on blazers. We just bought this blazer and already have a problem with it, but as my dad always told me...anything mechanical your gonna have problems with, you just gotta make sure you get something you enjoy playing with in between problems. His other old line is "you play you pay" lol. I like our blazer so far. And believe me, Im a truck kinda girl, not the SUV kind, but so far its been as fun as any truck Ive owned and its kept my groceries dry on rainy days so its a thumbs up from me on Blazers.
My buddy with the Saturn is actually the one who stands up for me... read the other posts before jumping to conclusion...

The BMW (everything is handed to me) kid and the Exploder are the ones who rip into me, the Saturn owner has been a long time buddy (since we were 5) and just calls it the lazer blazer for fun haha

Old 04-13-2010, 11:45 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MTopper
MY BABY
2004 Chevy Blazer 2 door 2 wheel drive
bought it for 13,400 with 18,000 miles on it in 2006, today it has 71,000 miles
in 6 years, repairs have cost me a total of 800 dollars!!!

just came across your rant today Topper..............i'm surprised you didn't need to repeat any of your math classes.......................j/k.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:11 AM
BF Veteran

the carfax we had showed no repairs done and well.... lets not talk about math right now hahaha

Old 04-15-2010, 12:16 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

the carfax we had showed no repairs done and well.... lets not talk about math right now hahaha
since it's your rant, i'll abide by your wishes-on this request only!

Old 04-15-2010, 12:43 AM
BF Veteran

haha.... yeah, math is my strong point in life but i do tend to zone out ofter

And, i'm trying to slow the rants down.. life is good! its spring time in Michigan and i'm washing my TRUCK(for those of you who've caught me saying car accidentally) daily when its not raining in my driveway

Old 04-15-2010, 01:19 AM
BF Guru

haha.... yeah, math is my strong point in life but i do tend to zone out ofter

And, i'm trying to slow the rants down.. life is good! its spring time in Michigan and i'm washing my TRUCK(for those of you who've caught me saying car accidentally) daily when its not raining in my driveway

so now were on to the english work.............sorry brother, but it was just calling to me.

glad to see you've realized what it is you're driving.

me..........i just refer to all of my vehicles by name. you know......the Blazer.......the Buick...........da 'Burb.....etc. saves messing up the whole "car/truck" thing.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:37 AM
BF Veteran

2 of my 3 vehicles so far have been little cars so i got stuck in the habit haha.

1992 pontiac sunbird - totalled twice, once rear ended, then i got T boned a month after fixing it

1997 chevy cavalier RS (pink and teal lettering on the outside haha)

& my 04 blazer as we've all seen... old habits die hard haha

Old 04-16-2010, 11:46 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Saw the thread title and thought "oh no, someones getting Savagely beatin for that thread title." I've only had two vehicles. A 95 BMW 318ti hatchback and my 92 s10 blazer. Both have been fantastic vehicles, and both have been off roading and took it well. (don't ask ) but there was a big diffrence, (besides the bemmers mpg and the split at/manual trans getting you to 120mph very quickly )

My blazer might need mechanical work twice a year if that. And then it's pretty easy and cost effective to fix. That BMW, the window guides bent at least once a month and left me with a tapped up or trash bagged window. Plus when it did need mechanic work, you had better be ready to sell your soul to pay for it. All in all if you could afford maintance on the BMW, it was a great vehicle, but I couldn't afford it for my first car.

Drive what you like, 9-10 when someone makes fun of your blazer. There really upset that they spent so much more money and arn't as happy as you with thier vehicle. lol

Old 04-19-2010, 01:14 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I had some coworkers and friends that liked to harp on my old 85 S10, its not pretty and very rusty but will blow the doors off anything my friends owned and cost me a whole two thousand bucks or so to build. That little truck will go 200kmph and I only have 3 gears (bought the motor from a guy who built it for about 8000 and sold to me for 1000 when he lost his licence for impaired, was never installed till I got it) Lots of people would joke about it until they went for a ride or I let them drive it. The engine was a bored and stroked corvette 350 four bolt with an aftermarket rotating assembly and roller valvetrain with headers and a 750 4 barrel, electric cooling system and underdrive pulleys. I think the single most expensive add on was the dual exhaust cause the fancy tips were about 150 each side. I have never had to replace anything on it yet except tires and when I get to use it I drive the **** out of it.

My blazer got a 600 tune up and injection unit and EGR a few months ago when I bought it and its a great truck now.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Starting Member
Eff10 is on a distinguished road

My whole family is a gm family. Half of my family are ford people and half are chevy people. We always joke around back and forth to each other about what is better.
In my driveway/garage currently are

Mine:
1989 firebird formula
1994 jimmy 4x4

My dad's:
1969 chevelle ss
1970 chevy malibu convertible
1970 monte carlo
2003 chevy avalanche
1996 camaro

My sister's:
1998 mustang

My dad being a chevy guy always jokes about how sad he is that he had to buy my sister a mustang and how he hates having a ford sitting in his driveway.
We have a pretty good collection all things considered. I guess I would have to say I'm a chevy girl too, but only because I grew up around them. I spent my childhood hanging out in the engine compartments after my dad did engine swaps so it's pretty much in my blood.
As for my Jimmy, nothing has broken on it yet. I bought it for 1500 with 153k on it. I wish my gas mileage was better, I only get 15 and my boyfriend gets 18 even though his blazer is identical and runs like crap. Haha. But I guess I won't complain because he puts loads of money into his. Something is always breaking on it, and the suspension is all messed up. Mine is solid, and the extra money I shell out for gas is much less than the money he shells out for parts for sure.

My roommate makes fun of my truck all the time but she just doesn't get it and she always says things to the effect of, "Why don't you get rid of that death machine that breaks all day and get a reliable fuel efficient toyota or something?"
Gah I don't even bother trying to tell her all of the things wrong with that statement. The only reason she has a fuel efficient car is because her parents bought one for her brand new. Some people don't understand the reward of working for what you have. And no offense to her, but I'm not looking for a fuel efficient car, especially not a toyota. I mean just look at all the problems they're having right now. I love my truck and I'm going to keep it and just fix whatever breaks until I can't fix it anymore.

Things I need to fix are:
A/C
Passenger window
One side of the bumper brace is missing a bolt
The interior lights
New exhaust(seems pretty clogged and original cat) maybe I'll get better mileage once I do that. Fingers crossed. XX

Last edited by Eff10; 04-22-2010 at 02:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Blazers are CRAP!!