General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

buying a used blazer

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Starting Member
rookie09 is on a distinguished road
Default buying a used blazer

im in the process of buying a chevy blazer LS and im a little hesitent to buy it. i went to go see it today and it looked great on the outside but seemed to have some problems on the enterior and doors. i went to open the drivers side door and it dropped a little. when i went to the passanger door (no problem) i went to move the front seat down and the seat handle broke off. im worried that im getting a little ahead of myself with this car and dont know wether its a good idea to buy it. the link is below \r\n
Cars for Sale: 2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS in Quakertown, PA 18951: Sport Utility Details - 295811025 - AutoTrader.com
looks good and im going to check it better in the next couple of days. thanks for helping and i would like honest feed back
thanks!

Old 04-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Starting Member
jacobcnc is on a distinguished road

Way to much at that price i would not give over 3000 if it were ment with less that 100,000 miles.
BUT IM CHEAP too

Old 04-20-2011, 09:23 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

check to see if dealer will repair found problems door pin and recliner handle. Both are common issues it seems with the s10 series. If the dealer wont budge on repairs shop somewhere else. Definetly look over complete truck and if dealer thinks your weird just ask them if they are trying to hide something. I bought my 04 last year from a chevy dealers used lot. When I went to pick it up ofcourse it had to rain. Found wipers were badly worn and ask if they would throw a set on (what a $15s) they said no so had drove down road to advance and that was the first thing I bought. Just make sure dealer will work with ya.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:25 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TMM217
check to see if dealer will repair found problems door pin and recliner handle. Both are common issues it seems with the s10 series. If the dealer wont budge on repairs shop somewhere else. Definetly look over complete truck and if dealer thinks your weird just ask them if they are trying to hide something. I bought my 04 last year from a chevy dealers used lot. When I went to pick it up ofcourse it had to rain. Found wipers were badly worn and ask if they would throw a set on (what a $15s) they said no so had drove down road to advance and that was the first thing I bought. Just make sure dealer will work with ya.

i agree with him

also, see if they will take off the price to replace the parts if they wont

Old 04-20-2011, 10:58 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

The price looked a bit high to me so I did a quick check. If you go with this truck make sure all of the problem areas you see are repaired and also make sure you get a CARFAX or AUTOCHECK report from them. Also, don't forget to ask them about how long it is warrantied for. Good luck. This Kelly Blue Book search was for New York on Long Island.

Close Suggested Retail Value

Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices for a used car, and the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the vehicle has been fully reconditioned and has a clean title history, but has not been certified in accordance with any Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) program the automaker may offer (for which it may or may not qualify, according to factors such as vehicle age and mileage). This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the vehicle's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

More Photos
Condition ValueExcellent
$6,235
Suggested Retail Value Assumes Excellent Condition More

Close Suggested Retail Value

This value assumes the vehicle has received the cosmetic and/or mechanical reconditioning needed to qualify it as "Excellent". This is not a transaction value; it is representative of a dealer's asking price and the starting point for negotiation.

Close Poor

• Severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition.
  • May have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body.
  • Branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage.
Kelley Blue Book does not attempt to report a value on a "poor" vehicle because the value of these vehicles varies greatly. A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value.

Close Vehicle Condition Ratings

Excellent
(Selected)

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

SEARCH LOCAL LISTINGS

CARFAX Record Check