General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Coming to a crossroads

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 11:54 AM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coming to a crossroads

So I've been doing a bit of thinking about what to do with the blazer as of late and have been weighing my options. I'm not selling it so dont get worried about that but what I'm debating is what I'm going to do with it. I've got three options I'm considdering.

Option A: Get another set of 33's and put them on and sell the 31's. Not a bad plan, keeps it fairly streetable, less cost to do it, but not a whole lotta ground clearance.

Option B: Continue solid axle swap plans. Lets me run the 35's when done, has good ground clearance and rock crawling ability, but lots of work to do, lots of parts to buy, not sure how to get brakes to work with the ABS system (might just connect the lines and if the ABS light is on then whatever i guess) and I dont have enough time to do it.

Option C: Superlift K790B 6" lift kit. Easier to install, price isnt much different than doing the SAS, decent ground clearance, 35's will fit (since i have the body lift), but not sure how it will do with minor rock crawling, the front diff is still finicky despite the posi-lok cable, and the front steering components im not all that sure they are very strong (ive seen my tie rods flex when the tires are in a bind but I plan on getting better moog replacements anyway).

Of the 3, option A is realistic to do but I'm not really fond of it other than cost factor. Option B is what I want to do but its getting to where I dont have time and some of it is beyond my skill level (though I'm still willing to try). Option C is actually what I'm leaning towards since its easier, its quicker, and the solid axle parts I can sell to someone who wants a good start on a full width axle swap to a jeep.

So these are my options and honestly I'm not sure which way I want to go so I'm asking all you wonderful folks for your suggestions.