General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Contemplating Purchase of '02 Blazer Xtreme

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 05:39 PM
scott1019 is on a distinguished road
Default Contemplating Purchase of '02 Blazer Xtreme

I am considering purchasing a '02 Blazer Xtreme. It has 120k and is mostly original except an aftermarket CD player (he claims to have the original). There is no rust anywhere, the interior looks like new, the body is nice (no dents or dings), and the paint is still shiny. There are no mechanical issues and has had all its scheduled maintenance. The battery and catalytic converter were just recently replaced. Tires have plenty of tread, and the brakes are in good shape.

It has virtually every option including a moonroof, overhead console with trip guages, and towing package. It has an automatic too with a floor-shifter. He claims that it has a performance axle, but not sure how I can know for sure. And I am wondering whether or not its a 7.5" or 8.5", a locking rear-end is important to me, and not sure I can tell if it is as the SPID decal in the glovebox is missing or has been removed. Are there any other locations where I could find it? I am looking for the G80 code correct? Also, do all the Xtreme Blazer's have the ZQ8 handling package like the S-10's or are they different?

Is there anything I need to take a closer look at on this truck? Any ideas what the fuel economy would be? I am open to modifying it to improve the economy and performance. I am assuming I will need a programmer correct? And a cold-air intake?