General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Curse the blazer!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:16 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Man, sounds like the Japanese Blazers are the best!

Old 08-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
Man, sounds like the Japanese Blazers are the best!
lol screw ur import japanese blazers

Old 08-13-2010, 11:30 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

At least it's American built! Not sure if that's a plus or not though. LOL

Old 08-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Broken seat wont go back or forward.

broken handle on side of seat.

Broken electrical push button lock on the back hatch.

Thats really about it..

iv had my 04 for 4 years or so. and thats the only problems iv had.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:57 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

->The fact that as soon as one repair is finished,another more expensive or equal one pops its ugly head up
Too true

Old 08-15-2010, 10:11 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

got a real grip with my Blazer after the other day............all because of my Buick!

i had to fix a pin hole in a rear brake line a few weeks ago (all this is on the Buick). while i'm fixing the line, i notice that the seam on the muffler is rotted out (not that it sounded any different).

since i needed to do the etest by next weekend, i figured i better get @ it. that's when i noticed that the exhaust is all original! 16 years old, 290K, and EVERYTHING on the exhaust is factory original.

in fact, the exhaust is still in such good shape, that when i had to replace 2 hanger rods on it, i actually melted the 3/8 cold rolled rod i was using as a replacement, & didn't even burn a hole through the pipe!

now tell me that's ever gonna happen on the Blazer!!! my factory muffler is already sounding rasppy and it only has 219K on it-and it's 3 years newer!

Old 08-15-2010, 04:21 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

My main gripe(s) is that everything is either really easy, or really hard to work on. Nothings just kinda iffy. It's either man this is pretty easy, or son of a b**** why did they design it like this!!!

OMG the rust! It's hard to believe that at one point none of these blazers had rust anywhere, espically the rear of the rocker panels. I have yet to see in person a 1st gen with either no rust or a paint job without bubbles and the such from hiddin bodywork and rust.

205-75-15 tires on 15x6 rims on these size trucks factory just looks unsafe. The gearing could have been a pinch lower to help with torque in the low end. 105 amp alternator could have been a bit beefier. Some of the parts arn't made anymore and if the junk yard doesn't have them or is worn with age you have to go with a company (cough LMC cough) that want's bookoo $$$ for it. I could go on, but without the bad, we wouldn't truely appriciate the good of these great rides.

And come on, in 2012 my 92 will be a Classic as per NHRA standards. Too bad the worlds gonna end as soon as I have a classic automobile, LOL!

Old 08-15-2010, 08:58 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

fuel pump, injector, ummmm what else, THE FUESES the fact that some things dont ground right away........................sparkplugs like alot of people say, the fact that i dont have a step bumper =( anddd thats about it,

Old 08-16-2010, 08:38 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

OMG the rust! It's hard to believe that at one point none of these blazers had rust anywhere, espically the rear of the rocker panels. I have yet to see in person a 1st gen with either no rust or a paint job without bubbles and the such from hiddin bodywork and rust.
I'm just starting to see rust, and we've had it for 5 years and it's been exposed to all weather haha

Old 08-16-2010, 10:03 PM
sgp7679 is on a distinguished road

"OMG the rust! It's hard to believe that at one point none of these blazers had rust anywhere, espically the rear of the rocker panels. I have yet to see in person a 1st gen with either no rust or a paint job without bubbles and the such from hiddin bodywork and rust."

Well you should see mine then, original paint, no bodywork, no rust ANYWHERE. Its an 87'.

Quick Reply: Curse the blazer!!